Sign in to follow this  
David Wright

Did I Fly in a VC10??

Not so much a story but an ask for help, Recently ive been setting up flight plans in FSX of the flights ive been lucky to go on.

However, im stuck with one in particular as Im sure at some point (Memory permitting) in the mid-late 1990s i flew on a rear engined quad jet with British Airways.

The only such aircraft i can find through Google search in their fleet would have been the VC10, but they were retired from commercial service in 1981 (The  year i was born).

Is there any chance BA could have leased / reactivated during a particulary busy period in the 90's? or is my memory failing me.

Thanks

Dave

This is what I found on the Interweb:

On March 29, 1981, the last British Airways VC10 touched down at London Heathrow, and the entire family of aircraft was retired. Many of the VC10s went to the RAF, who used some for spare parts and contracted British Aerospace to convert a few of them into mid-air refueling tankers. The last of these with the RAF were eventually retired in 2013.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

In the 90s with BA?, no chance.

I've flown in a couple but they were RAF, sadly many years later watched some of them of them fly into into St Athan to be scrapped, impressive aircraft from a time long gone.

ETA. It just hit me that I don't even have to look for my log books to remember the Registrations- XV107 and XV103, 40-ish years ago !!!

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt