Sign in to follow this  
Kalnon

P3D not letting me disable add-ons?

I have P3Dv5.4 and on the main P3D screen when I click options, go to the Add-ons section, disable any add-ons and click Ok.  If I go back to the Options menu and back to the Add-ons section, everything I disabled is enabled again.  It won't let me disable anything.  I'm not sure how to fix this.  This just started happening and I would greatly appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks

After disable, Ok, did you Exit P3D and restart P3D?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

11 hours ago, vonmar said:

After disable, Ok, did you Exit P3D and restart P3D?

Yeah I tried that.  I was able to fix it though.  Instead of trying to disable several add-ons at once, I just disabled one and clicked ok and it worked.  After that, I was able to disable anything I want again now.

I have a ton of cityscape scenery and I like to disable them if I'm not flying over them so P3D loads faster.  This problem started just after I bought and installed 4 Orbx cityscapes and a couple regions too.  They had a sale and I had money to burn 🙂

17 hours ago, newtie said:

SimStarter will make quick work of this in addition to a ton of other useful utilities. It was one of the reasons why I returned to 5.4 Might want to check it out. I can’t fly without it.

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/shop/flight/p3d-fsx/prepar3d/tools-missions/3064/simstarter-ng-p3d

Wow that tool really has a ton of cool features.  I'll definitely have to check it out, thanks for sharing.

It's a little intimidating at first, but if you stick with just the basics at the outset and build on that you'll be fine.

It can also startup exes with affinity masks set (think ActiveSky) which I relly like...no more .bat files:biggrin:

• Like 1

Hi @Kalnon,

The Lorby P3D Addon Organiser is the tool I use to manage scenery and addons, plus it has a great option to auto backup (as a date/time stamped zip file) all the config files of P3D.

I use it to make a backup of the P3D config files prior to making major changes to P3D.

Lorby also has their support forum here on AVSIM.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/788-lorby-si-support-forum/

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

9 hours ago, newtie said:

It's a little intimidating at first, but if you stick with just the basics at the outset and build on that you'll be fine.

It can also startup exes with affinity masks set (think ActiveSky) which I relly like...no more .bat files:biggrin:

That sounds great.  It does look a bit intimidating from the screenshots but that's ok, I'll figure it out in time.  I'm definitely going to buy this tool.

6 hours ago, Rogen said:

Hi @Kalnon,

The Lorby P3D Addon Organiser is the tool I use to manage scenery and addons, plus it has a great option to auto backup (as a date/time stamped zip file) all the config files of P3D.

I use it to make a backup of the P3D config files prior to making major changes to P3D.

Lorby also has their support forum here on AVSIM.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/788-lorby-si-support-forum/

Cheers

That's exactly what I need, to make that kind of stuff easier to manage.  Good to know he has a support section here, thanks for sharing.

Lorby makes some fantastic tools.  He has a free utility called Lorby Scratchpad that allows you to create your own checklists or add images like charts to the P3D Kneeboard and I have Axis and Ohs as well.

Edited by Kalnon