Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Fenix unflyable in the latest beta ?

The way I see it, if it does not affect other aircraft (default but even moreso with other addon devs) then yes it should be reported to the addon developer. Whether it is fundamentally a sim issue or not, in my mind it is at that point the addon developer's responsibility to contact Asobo to see if they can figure it out in their particular case. If Asobo is unwilling to change, then the addon developer can address that to the public if they wish to pressure asobo further.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

The way I see it, if it does not affect other aircraft (default but even moreso with other addon devs) then yes it should be reported to the addon developer. Whether it is fundamentally a sim issue or not, in my mind it is at that point the addon developer's responsibility to contact Asobo to see if they can figure it out in their particular case. If Asobo is unwilling to change, then the addon developer can address that to the public if they wish to pressure asobo further.

Thats my take as well. 

Knowing this Developer stands on issues during betas, i save myself the hassle to report it.  

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

4 hours ago, roi1862 said:

As i understood it, their AP cannot handle fast changes. That is why they recommended to use low. 

that is rather far from the truth - it has nothing to do with the AP.

just opening the weather debug menu will show you in certain scenarios "realistic" turbulence will give you up and down drafts of 1500ft in a second, it's pretty insane. most of the pilots that saw this on the beta team went: "that's.. not right" and ended up setting their turbulence to low, to stop the airplane getting thrown around randomly. it then became a recommendation. 

but it is just that. a recommendation. do with it what you want. it doesn't really change much except how bouncy your ride is. but it doesn't really change much with AP control or such. it also has very little to do with the behaviour you see in your video. i'm not sure what causes this, but SU14 is notorious for resetting your assistance settings. this is the first place i would look.

• Like 10

Aamir Thacker

2 minutes ago, Aamir said:

that is rather far from the truth - it has nothing to do with the AP.

just opening the weather debug menu will show you in certain scenarios "realistic" turbulence will give you up and down drafts of 1500ft in a second, it's pretty insane. most of the pilots that saw this on the beta team went: "that's.. not right" and ended up setting their turbulence to low, to stop the airplane getting thrown around randomly. it then became a recommendation. 

but it is just that. a recommendation. do with it what you want. it doesn't really change much except how bouncy your ride is. but it doesn't really change much with AP control or such. it also has very little to do with the behaviour you see in your video. i'm not sure what causes this, but SU14 is notorious for resetting your assistance settings. this is the first place i would look.

Hi Aamir, 

The downdrafts/up actually came from glider pilots feedbacks. Where there would be such scenarios IRL. How often tho ? its a good question.  

As for my issue, last update indeed reset my assistance menu. I had reverted it back to what i remember i had before. What assistance option would you think could be related to such behavior ?  

I did a whole route manually and had no issue. Its the AP thing.

Roi Ben

Just now, roi1862 said:

As for my issue, last update indeed reset my assistance menu. I had reverted it back to what i remember i had before. What assistance option would you think could be related to such behavior ?  

Any of the AI co-pilot options, for example.

For whatever it's worth - internally there are a couple of people flying around on the betas and don't have a problem with them. Given we don't really do anything with in-sim stuff, generally SUs and such don't change much for us.

• Like 4

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, Aamir said:

Any of the AI co-pilot options, for example.

For whatever it's worth - internally there are a couple of people flying around on the betas and don't have a problem with them. Given we don't really do anything with in-sim stuff, generally SUs and such don't change much for us.

Thanks Aamir ! i am going to double check these. 

Roi Ben

1 minute ago, roi1862 said:

Thanks Aamir ! i am going to double check these. 

Load the aircraft first, then open the assistance options.

You'll see the volocopter stuff, but you can still expand each line and see the options within (and change them).

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

33 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Load the aircraft first, then open the assistance options.

You'll see the volocopter stuff, but you can still expand each line and see the options within (and change them).

Aamir, So i checked, all AI stuff were off. 

Loaded the flight and again same issue. 

But i think i am onto something. Looking at the running tasks i had 2 "Fenix Display" running. 

I terminated one of them, and so far the plane behaves normally. 

So i guess they conflicted each other ? 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Aamir, So i checked, all AI stuff were off. 

Loaded the flight and again same issue. 

But i think i am onto something. Looking at the running tasks i had 2 "Fenix Display" running. 

I terminated one of them, and so far the plane behaves normally. 

So i guess they conflicted each other ? 

That is extremely weird, not heard of that one before.. Can you send in a ticket please? 

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

9 minutes ago, Aamir said:

That is extremely weird, not heard of that one before.. Can you send in a ticket please? 

Just tell the guys to go easy on me for being on the beta 😁

• Like 2

Roi Ben

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

Just tell the guys to go easy on me for being on the beta 😁

Fair deal 😉

• Like 2

Aamir Thacker