Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Calling All Garmin Gurus (FSR500)

35 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

This field was omitted because it's not a standard field for the G1000 NXi. Aircraft that require this kind of thing can implement it using the plugin system that we have provided for aircraft developers if they like or by modifying the code, in the same way that Garmin or the avionics engineers at the respective manufacturers add specifics for their installations.

My understanding, talking to @simbol, is that the pressurization behavior is being looked into. He's awesome (and the plane is stellar) so I'm sure this will be addressed down the road.

Hi Matt, many thanks for the kind words, we submitted already a change to Market Place which instead of linking this data to the minimum decision height field, it will read the destination airport elevation automatically from the G1000Nxi unit when you select a destination airport in the Flight Plan Window.

In the real G1000nxi unit and airplane, there are 2 methods to pick up the destination elevation for pressurization. Method A) Via a LFE field present in the TMR window. Method B) Via the flight plan when you select the destination airport. When the real pilot of the type explained this to me, I miss understood and attached it to the decision height / minimums fields, this was a mistake and accordingly after the reports / feedbacks it has been corrected.

For simplicity, I have chosen method B) since method B will always override method A when done IRL. Therefore with the next update in FSR500 when is published, the destination elevation will be set automatically when you either import the flight plan from SimBrieft or when you set the destination airport in the G1000Nxi Unit. This change is not public yet, but is all done in my side and pushed to market place, we scheduling releasing it alongside with other improvements and changes when Xbox release is completed (soon tm).

Best,
Raul

Edited by simbol
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

What am I missing with regard to brightness control on these devices? They are awfully bright at night. I have found what I believe to be the control for this but it seems to do nothing. There are options for both screens and you can set them to auto or manual but when I choose manual and turn them down to 0 nothing changes. Same when I turn them all the way up to 100.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

40 minutes ago, Jazz said:

What am I missing with regard to brightness control on these devices? They are awfully bright at night. I have found what I believe to be the control for this but it seems to do nothing. There are options for both screens and you can set them to auto or manual but when I choose manual and turn them down to 0 nothing changes. Same when I turn them all the way up to 100.

Dim them via the top overhead panel. Avionics dimmer. We integrated it there as per IRL

10 hours ago, simbol said:

Dim them via the top overhead panel. Avionics dimmer. We integrated it there as per IRL

Ahh, thanks. I'll give that a go later today.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

On 11/17/2023 at 10:49 PM, simbol said:

I gave this a go but it seems to dim the buttons on the units but the screens seem to stay the same. I also noticed that when I adjust the brightness on the units themselves the dimmer does actually work but also only on the buttons. I missed this when messing with this before because I was only looking at the screens brightness and never noticed that the buttons were dimming. Surly Garmin allows one to adjust the brightness of the screens on these things. Kinda critical at night.

Am I just missing how to do this?