Sign in to follow this  
Norwenkel

Using 2 Stream Deck devices (XL and Plus)

Will it be possible to use 2 Stream Deck devices with AaO and MSFS 2020. How to establish the control? One Stream Deck (XL) is already in use and an additional one (Plus) will follow in a few days.

Any hints and maybe links are highly appreciated

Thanks

Norbert.

No problem at all and nothing specific to do. Make sure that you have the latest version of the AAO plugin (31.01).

I have two XL and a Plus running side by side.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

On 11/24/2023 at 11:02 AM, Gogolathome said:

It works great! I use multi action buttons to switch profiles on both devices.

The Stream Deck + uses "PLUS Standard Avionics" from @guenseli which I modified here and there for my own preferences.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UOZ5E3ZmudVI3d0LwKr1JRO--8--u_QE/view?usp=drive_link

Thanks a lot, just used them with success. 

Edited by Norwenkel

On 11/24/2023 at 10:02 AM, Gogolathome said:

It works great! I use multi action buttons to switch profiles on both devices.

The Stream Deck + uses "PLUS Standard Avionics" from @guenseli which I modified here and there for my own preferences.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UOZ5E3ZmudVI3d0LwKr1JRO--8--u_QE/view?usp=drive_link

Hi

I've got an SD XL which I have been tinkering with (somewhat successfully) and I just got an SD + and I'm tinkering that now (the Guenseli profiles). I can't seem to change the displays assigned to the knobs easily. Have you managed to do this and if so do you have any tips please?

Thanks

Edited by peregrine

On 2/22/2024 at 9:05 AM, peregrine said:

I've got an SD XL which I have been tinkering with (somewhat successfully) and I just got an SD + and I'm tinkering that now (the Guenseli profiles). I can't seem to change the displays assigned to the knobs easily. Have you managed to do this and if so do you have any tips please?

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

On 2/28/2024 at 11:02 PM, Gogolathome said:

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

I am just trying to understand how to change the graphical display associated with the knobs. Thanks

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, peregrine said:

I am just trying to understand how to change the graphical display associated with the knobs. Thanks

The image in the touch strip?

There are two Actions in the AAO Plugin for that purpose "RotaryEncoder" and "RotaryEncoderCanvas". 
- the first one lets you manipulate the hard coded elements of that strip that Elgato gives us as defaults
- the second one works like the MultiGauge Action, you can layer full-screen graphics and text over each other, with visibility, transparency and animations

When you download the plugin, there is a PDF explaining these Actions.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Posted (edited)
On 2/22/2024 at 9:05 AM, peregrine said:

easily

I'm afraid that will be a problem. Creating good graphics and good looking action buttons for the StreamDeck is a significant effort. Make sure to buy @guenseli a coffee!

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI