Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Cannot install FSX Acceleration!

Every time I attempt to install the Acceleration expansion pack, I get a message saying that FSX must first be installed. It IS installed!!!!Please help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check which drive/directory it is installed in.The FSX Acceleration software defaults to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesThere is a point during the install where you can specify the place where FSX resides. I think it has a selection called "OPTIONS" at the bottom of one of the initial install screens.Also, I could not get mine to install to my "modified" version of FSX.Had to get it back to a "clean" install. What a disaster that was! Uninstalled FSX, then applied both of the FSX install DVDs, got to the end of the last one and got the 1722 error screen!Thanks to these forums I found out about the Error 1722 patch from Microsoft. So, downloaded that, followed the directions, went through BOTH of the DVDs again, it completed the install. Then tried to install Accel., it still didn't work, said my product wasn't activated. It never asked me to Activate it at any point. Checked some more and found that one user posted they had to run Add/Remove Programs for the SP1 install. I did that, then it would let me install FSX (using the Repair function). I re-activated the damned thing, then it let me install Acceleration. What a pile of crap it turned out to be. Took all damned day yesterday!I saw on one of the posts that someone stated "too bad we cannot send a bill to Micro"crap" to get paid for all the time we have to waste becuse of their lousy methods to "protect" their product from software thieves"! Well, I legally purchased all this damned stuff - at RETAIL! I spent enough damned money upgrading my system so it would "sort of" run this product. I have had to do a FRESH install TWICE now (SP1 & now Accel.), have had to re-activate the lousy software about SIX times because of my hardware changes, plus the re-installs I had to do! And lost track of how many defrags I have had to do.