Sign in to follow this  
C2615

Slowly but surely, my main sim have changed

It didn't happen to me like when I get up in the morning or when after a test flight I'd be like "Oh, this is my main sim now", it really didn't caught my mind until I start to think about it.

Now "officially"(?), I think my go-to sim is switched from P3Dv5 to XP12.

Why? even myself is not that sure, 2 main things I could think of: Pressure altitude temperature correction and much more stable (less likely to CTD).

Temperature correction is not something you might noticed if you don't know what to look, but once I know that, it's hard to go back, kinda weird we have flown without it in almost any sim for decades!

My v5 still quite likely to CTD, I may say 1/10 of the chance, high enough to get me aware and keep autosave on, but not high enough to get my full time investigation. I mean I tried, but almost all were ntdll.dll 0xc0000005 without any noticeable input. I kinda give up, while XP12 do CTD, most of the time is because I got some heavy strange input like refresh aircraft or scenery or access some dataref by force etc. etc, rarely any is just in a middle of normal flight like in P3Dv5.4

Both still hold strong fleet collection for me, but for the aircraft I have in both sim with similar quality, like FSL vs Toliss Airbus PMDG vs Zibo 737(-800only) , I'll go for XP version,

Some aircraft with both version I'll still prefer P3D version though, like Feelthere vs XCraft Ejets, Aerosoft vs Deltawing CRJ and even CaptainSim vs FlightFactor 757/767. So the difference of main/axu it not really that big, more based on many other factors I'd say.

And of course both still got their unique aircraft (at least for add-ons that up to some standard IMO), that's why I still keep both of them.

As for scenery, I got quite a few high-end add-ons (mainly WFSS's) in P3D, but for XP, the gateway is...surprisingly, good enough for me, I only got some freeware add-on and only one payed Antarctica. Some times I do feel like: Oh. I want fly ZBAD today and I got a better looking one in P3D, so I think I'll go for that. But most of the time, say if I want fly Toliss 321 today, I'm fine with XP's gateway ZBAD then.

For other stuff, I'd prefer P3D's AI+ATC, and FSCaptain for log, but I can live with XP+World Traffic, with PACX for log, pushback with UGCX's voice control is fun, but better pushback is easier to use and less likely to get problem, for landing monitoring, I really want something that combine aviaFlightMonitor and StableApproach in both world.....I noticed and tried something kinda like that, but it'll upload every log into the could, aka someone else's computer, so not a big fan of it...

For that same reason...not a big fan of MSFS too...I tried, and it works great in VR, but still yet, not a big fan of that...

2 hours ago, C2615 said:

Temperature correction is not something you might noticed if you don't know what to look, but once I know that, it's hard to go back, kinda weird we have flown without it in almost any sim for decades!

Do u mean that Active Sky do not simulate that ?

Artur 

8 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Do u mean that Active Sky do not simulate that ?

Nothing to do with Active Sky, it's the core sim issue.

While I have suggested Active Sky may able to "fake" it by adjust QNH with aircraft altitude change, they doesn't seems response to that.