Sign in to follow this  
wardp

7800X3D BIOS Settings etc

Hi

I have just changed over to AMD after having Intel systems for the last 20 years or so. I now have a AMD 7800X3D with a 4090 graphics card witch was pre built for me and I assume the bios settings are all set to default. What should I be checking/setting in the BIOS or Windows 11 to get the best performance with MSFS 2020.

PC Specs are

AMD 78000X3D
ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F
ASUS RTX 4090 TUF Gaming OC
32 GB 6000MHz RAM
Corsair  RM1000x psu.
3 X 2TB PCIe (M.2) 

Thanks

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

I just made a similar change and there is an “expo” setting you can turn on, I chose Expo 1 which I understand applies a sustainable overclock to your ram and cpu.  I’m new to this AMD thing though so stand to be corrected (and am also eager to learn!)

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

I just made a similar change and there is an “expo” setting you can turn on, I chose Expo 1 which I understand applies a sustainable overclock to your ram and cpu.  I’m new to this AMD thing though so stand to be corrected (and am also eager to learn!)

Good to know lol I just got my 78003d and waiting for the motherboard haven't had amd since the athlon amd days lol I do have also the 7900xt so it should be intresting  went full team red!

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Do you have the PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) version? If so, test if turning it on and setting Max Auto Boost to increased yields any benefits in FPS on your system.

For Windows, there is some advice Microsoft has given which can help boost performance in games: Secure boot off, disable fTPM and turn virtualization off. Also turn off memory integrity in Windows Defender (Core Isolation menu). These are security features though so do that on your own discretion. Also test if turning Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling off improves performance.

Also check that Windows Game Bar is enabled and MSFS recognized (to supress background tasks while the sim is running).

These are some things I checked when switching to a 7950X3D PBO.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Thanks for your replies, I'll give them a try.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Good luck and let us know how you make out.  There’s a bunch of us that went from I tel to the 7800X3D it seems so probably lots of good knowledge here.

It’s a fantastic CPU, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU