Sign in to follow this  
kevinc5

MSFS freezes during startup

Hi Kids...

I was starting MSFS last night and it started downloading a mandatory World Update.  The download took a long time, then it started started decompressing files. The decompression ran a longer time and I thought it may have frozen.  I gave up, and let it run overnight  In the morning there was no change. I had to use task Manager to shut it down.

Now when I try to start I get the option to proceed in safe mode or normally. Either way, t begins to load, but freezes at "New Activities." I can only exit through task manager...

My guess is the update was corrupted... I have no idea how to proceed.

Any suggestions...

Thanks  

Is your Community folder empty?   Always a good idea when MSFS is installing a large update.

Other things to try:-

Reset your cloud saves:-

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/7058965875356-How-to-delete-a-Steam-cloud-save-to-fix-some-loading-issues-or-reset-the-logbook-

Try the frozen sim troubleshoots:-

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406047066770-How-to-fix-a-black-loading-screen

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks Bill...

No luck so far.

First, where is the Community folder?

Resetting the cloud saves apparently refers to the steam edition.  I have the MS edition.

The frozen sim zendesk suggestion leads me to powershell. I have an older edition of powershell that doesn't appear or behave like the one described.  The current edition seems to require some programming experience I don't have.  

If you can steer me to the community folder I'll check that out

Gracias.

3 hours ago, kevinc5 said:

Thanks Bill...

No luck so far.

First, where is the Community folder?

Resetting the cloud saves apparently refers to the steam edition.  I have the MS edition.

The frozen sim zendesk suggestion leads me to powershell. I have an older edition of powershell that doesn't appear or behave like the one described.  The current edition seems to require some programming experience I don't have.  

If you can steer me to the community folder I'll check that out

Gracias.

https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/hc/en-gb/articles/5023507568925-How-to-locate-the-Community-folder-in-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Peter...

Thanks. I found the Community folder in "Microsoft store" location.  It is empty.

Is that significant to my problem?

no if its empty it  mean  you havnt installed  any addons  eg   aircraft addons, scenery  etc,  but  if  you have  than it  would  be  a  issue 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg