Sign in to follow this  
wrightt80

Upgrading to 4070 for MSFS

Hello all, 

I am thinking of upgrading to a 4070.  I currently have a 5800x3d with a 3070.  I use a 55"OLED tv and usually fly PMGD to big payware airports (inibuilds KLAX,KJFK, Flytampa, FSDT etc.) with live weather at 4k.

I do get some stutters and poor performance sometimes but overall I'm very happy with what I have.  I figured the frame generation alone would be worth the cost.  I found the Gigabyte RTX4070 for $550 and for the price I think it would be worth it.  I don't want to spend $1000+ on 4080.

Thanks for any suggestions

I have the gigabyte 4070 TI no regrets, I have a 9900k cpu so that holds me back a bit, but I'm loving the frame generation and DLSS 3, I'm about to get my first AMD processor the 7800x3d my 4070 has 12 gb of vram, I don't use VR so its not as much of an issue for me. IMHO if you are happy now you will be happier with the 4070.

Get a card with more VRAM - 16gb minimum.  I have a 4090 and regularly see 15-19 gbs used.

Bruce

• Upvote 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."