Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Need Recommendations on saving flights

I setup a flight. Half way through I decided to quit and save the flight. Later when I went back to the flight of course the flight plan was not saved. I was about 20 miles from the star. So I set direct to the beginning of the star. Before that I set the star and approach for the airport/runway in my Garmin. My question. Does anyone know how to save the flight plan/position with the flight. Of course I can pause and leave the computer running till I decide to continue the flight. But, I don't like that idea. Any suggestion?

Thank You.

Bill McCracken  

1 hour ago, macpilot said:

I setup a flight. Half way through I decided to quit and save the flight. Later when I went back to the flight of course the flight plan was not saved. I was about 20 miles from the star. So I set direct to the beginning of the star. Before that I set the star and approach for the airport/runway in my Garmin. My question. Does anyone know how to save the flight plan/position with the flight. Of course I can pause and leave the computer running till I decide to continue the flight. But, I don't like that idea. Any suggestion?

Thank You.

Bill McCracken  

It's not possible from what I know. At least not reliably.

The normal "save flight" function is pretty useless in my opinion. The only way it works is with PMDG because it saves flight plan and panel state separately. But you won't have the possibility to change the weather afterwards when you load the flight again.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Try FStarter from Simmarket. It can save the flight and a have a lot of other nice to have features to re-posioning your airplane. Not sure it can save your flight plan, but it has a lot of other useful features. It also have regular updates and hopefully saving flight plans will be supported if possible.

Thanks to all. I had hoped that Microsoft had fixed this long standing problem. Just wanted to check if something had changed. I will try FStarter. 

Bill