Sign in to follow this  
ark

TBM 850 HSI GPS Display Color

As you can see below, when the primary Nav source for the TBM 850 HSI is a GPS, the course needle color and GPS lettering are light blue. This surprised me a bit since in my (admittedly limited) experience the color associated with a GPS course on a glass display has always been Magenta. It also seems a bit odd to me that two shades of blue are used in the case depicted below, light blue for the GPS and dark blue for the VOR1 RMI pointer, which might be an issue under some lighting conditions.

If anyone has some real life experience with a Bendix/King EHSI 40 display, I be interested to know if the colors below are reasonably accurate.

Just curious.

Thanks,

Al

spacer.png

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

I'm curious to know this also, first time i saw it, thought I might not have had the GPS engaged but it followed the GPS path flawlessly. I should probably know this with all the Stevo videos I've watched, but just doesn't come to mind atm. Will check youtube video when I get home.

I checked the manufacturers pilots guide, since I was also surprised, expecting green for VOR1 and cyan for GPS.  It would appear that it is cyan for both VOR1 and GPS, switching to green for Approach mode.

• Like 1

Bert

Not sure how to best upload the photo - however I used to have an EHSI 40 in my Mooney and also flew in a TBM 700 and can confirm the colouring is correct.

• Like 3

David Porrett

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

Not sure how to best upload the photo - however I used to have an EHSI 40 in my Mooney and also flew in a TBM 700 and can confirm the colouring is correct.

Thank you for the feedback!

Al