Sign in to follow this  
SWVA4420

I cannot use VR in P3Dv6

Hi All,

I cannot use VR in P3Dv6.0.36. All other flight sims do not have this problem - P3Dv5.4, XP11.55, XP12.08, and MSFS can all run VR. In P3Dv6, a message pops up stating that memory is running low. If I switch out of VR, everything is ok. I've tried reducing the graphics settings to very low, but that doesn't work either.

My system is a late 2019 Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080 Ti card (I think 16 GB VRAM).

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Thanks,
Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Your  RTX2080i has 11 GB, but it should certainly be sufficient with low settings.

Which headset are you using?

Felix

Hi Felix - I've tried Quest 2, Reverb 2, and Quest 3...same problem with all three.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, SWVA4420 said:

Hi Felix - I've tried Quest 2, Reverb 2, and Quest 3...same problem with all three.

I find it a bit ominous that I can't seem to find any info about version 6 and VR.

Only thing I found was non-V6 specific. https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/virtual_reality/virtual_reality.html

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for those links, guys!  I was able to make some recommended changes to p3d.cfg file AND I copied the contents of the virtualreality.xml file from v5 into v6's vr file, which did not have any configuration options listed...weird.  I was able to get it to work.

Here is my  virtualreality.xml file, in case anyone needs an example - 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="ConfigurationFile" version="6,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <VirtualReality.VirtualRealitySettings>
        <HMDDisplayMode>Single-Pass</HMDDisplayMode>
        <OnScreenDisplayMode>Double</OnScreenDisplayMode>
        <EnableZoom>False</EnableZoom>
        <SyncMode>Pre-Render</SyncMode>
        <EnableHiddenAreaMesh>True</EnableHiddenAreaMesh>
        <ResolutionScale>1.000000</ResolutionScale>
        <MaxViewCount>Four-Views</MaxViewCount>