Sign in to follow this  
Recognition

Alpha India Group AI Manager.

After getting a new PC with WIn 11 installed I cant get AI Manager to go past the initial screen of "Load airports" Ive tried running it from different drives.

Any tips? was working great with my old Win 10.

Cheers.

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

@Recognition, it has to be run with admin privileges.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

30 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Recognition, it has to be run with admin privileges.

Yes did that and tried on all 4 external HD, separate install`s of course, one at a time. No luck!

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

2 hours ago, Recognition said:

Yes did that and tried on all 4 external HD, separate install`s of course, one at a time. No luck!

Have you excluded the exe in windows security? 11 is a lot more aggressive regarding running of executables.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Interesting.

I am just setting up a new win 11 pc and also have problems.

I first download a new installer from AIG - running that led to it updating in a loop with no way to stop it except talk manager.

So I tried the last installer from my old pc (different version to the one downloaded) - that installed ok without updates and I began  reinstalling my UK FP. First two (jet2 and wiz) no problems. Then for both RYN and BAW I had to download aircraft - always SOP in the past. But in this time one of the downloads crashed and froze AIM. Now, when I try to install those fp, AIM crashes the moment I select “install”, Tried all the usual - delete re-installing etc with no change.

Posted on the AIG forum but I suspect they are concentrating on MSFS nowadays so v grateful for any advice here.

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you excluded the exe in windows security? 11 is a lot more aggressive regarding running of executables.

That was a good idea Ray, but unfortunately didn't help. I've tried everything I can think of but to no avail. 

@FOD, you need to be logged in to AvSim library before downloads will work. That’s a different login to the forums.

@Recognition, where are you installing AIG to? Best to avoid Program Files folders. I chose C:\AIG and it was fine.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, FOD said:

Interesting.

I am just setting up a new win 11 pc and also have problems.

I first download a new installer from AIG - running that led to it updating in a loop with no way to stop it except talk manager.

So I tried the last installer from my old pc (different version to the one downloaded) - that installed ok without updates and I began  reinstalling my UK FP. First two (jet2 and wiz) no problems. Then for both RYN and BAW I had to download aircraft - always SOP in the past. But in this time one of the downloads crashed and froze AIM. Now, when I try to install those fp, AIM crashes the moment I select “install”, Tried all the usual - delete re-installing etc with no change.

Posted on the AIG forum but I suspect they are concentrating on MSFS nowadays so v grateful for any advice here.

Its always been a fussy program, hit and miss, but on my old Win 10 system it was working flawlessly.

I have always had it on one of my external SSD`s, so using that plugged into my new Win 11 PC. I also re-downloaded and ran it on my external disks and even on my 2 internal ones. Same result, just stuck looking for 'Load airports" 

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

@FOD, you need to be logged in to AvSim library before downloads will work. That’s a different login to the forums.

@Recognition, where are you installing AIG to? Best to avoid Program Files folders. I chose C:\AIG and it was fine.

Yes you have to be logged in that's true and be around when its downloading for hours on end.

I never install anything Ray to program files. I've installed to all my separate drives one by one.

6 minutes ago, Recognition said:

I never install anything Ray to program files. I've installed to all my separate drives one by one.

I’m not understanding what you mean here. It shouldn’t be necessary to pick an alternative location. I installed on my D drive on my old computer and C on this one. Do you have it installed in more than one location?

And the path please.

I’ve just seen your earlier post. An external drive might not be suitable. Try your C drive.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Recognition said:

Yes you have to be logged in that's true and be around when its downloading for hours on end.

I don't think that is true. You just set it up to load eveything you want and exclude the manual  downloading of files.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I fly all over the world so I installed all the flight plans and that takes a long time, several hours in fact.

I had AIG installed on my external H drive and on my old Win 10 it was working perfectly. On my H drive ( obviously the same disk)  now on my new Win 11 system  it doesn't get passed the "Load Airports " screen.

I've tried it on my two internal disks C (windows) and D, and on my external E,F,G and H disks....same result, stuck rolling around searching for "Load Airports"  

@Recognition, I see you have supplied logs to Kai. He should be able to provide you with the solution.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Recognition, I see you have supplied logs to Kai. He should be able to provide you with the solution.

Yes I hope so. I`m missing Aig Manager

Finally after 4 hours running, on the advice from Kaiii3 over at Alpha India Group, the flightplan window with install options popped up
Doing a Bulk flightplan install now. 

I'm a very happy camper.😁