Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

SWS PC-12: how to uncouple Aileron and Rudder

1. Make sure that MSFS is not running
  2. Find this file
    \Community\sws-aircraft-pc12\SimObjects\Airplanes\SWS_Pilatus_PC12_4B\model.ext_4b\SWS_PC12_exterior.xml
  3. Open it in Notepad++ and go to line 206:
    <AILERON_RUDDER_INTERCONNECT>True</AILERON_RUDDER_INTERCONNECT>
  4. Change "True" to "False"
    <AILERON_RUDDER_INTERCONNECT>False</AILERON_RUDDER_INTERCONNECT>
  5. Save.

From now on, Aileron and Rudder can be controlled separately with the default AXIS_AILERONS_SET and AXIS_RUDDER_SET events.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Thanks so much for this.

Does it have to be done additionally for the '5B' models, or does the addon just use the '4B' data for all types?

Thanks

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

40 minutes ago, JYW said:

Thanks so much for this.

Does it have to be done additionally for the '5B' models, or does the addon just use the '4B' data for all types?

Thanks

They all point to that file so it's the only edit needed.

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

It works perfectly. Why, however, am I unable to correctly assign the Vertical Trim command? ELEV_TRIM_DN (or UP) does not work with this aircraft (and only with this aircraft).

18 hours ago, drforweb said:

It works perfectly. Why, however, am I unable to correctly assign the Vertical Trim command? ELEV_TRIM_DN (or UP) does not work with this aircraft (and only with this aircraft).

I am just trying out the default events and they appear to work normally for me. Where/how are you checking the trim? The elevator trim variable in the sim is definitely changing, and I think that it has an effect on the aircraft. The needles on the pedestal don't move though (although the behavior code suggests that they should).

Aileron trim does nothing for me, although again the behavior code suggests that the default events should work.

There are a couple of MSFS InputEvents too related to trim, but I have no idea how to operate them.

IMHO your only option is to ask SWS directly.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

However, if I activate my default MSFS controls profile (which is obviously disabled while using AAO) the aircraft trim works perfectly (needles and aircraft behavior)...

2 hours ago, drforweb said:

However, if I activate my default MSFS controls profile (which is obviously disabled while using AAO) the aircraft trim works perfectly (needles and aircraft behavior)...

AAO is not related to the MSFS controller assignments. AAO can only do what is possible to do with the SimConnect API, nothing more. Those are two completely different and separate things.

As this aircraft is apparently very much non-SDK-standard, there will be some other trick or procedure. Or it doesn't work at all "from the outside". Rare but possible. 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

So I found a solution for the elevator trim using scripts (500 is the increment, adjust to taste)

(A:ELEVATOR·TRIM·PCT,·Percent·Over·100)·16384·*·flr·500·+·16384·min·(>K:ELEVATOR_TRIM_SET)

(A:ELEVATOR·TRIM·PCT,·Percent·Over·100)·16384·*·flr·500·-·-16384·max·(>K:ELEVATOR_TRIM_SET)

But I cannot make the Alieron trim work. Something inside the aircraft is fighting back, the trim changes briefly and then snaps back. InputEvents are there but don't work. The aircraft logic uses the default events, but dosn't react when they are being sent from the outside.
IMO aileron trim only works through the MSFS controller assignments. That can happen sometimes, it is rare but definitely possible.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI