Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Honda Jet not following the FMS Navigation Any More

Today,

Started FS2020 as usual. Loaded a previously created Flight Plan. I noticed that navigation no longer followed the FMS plan as it had done several other times. I tried another plan that had worked before also. Didn't follow this one either. Switched to heading no problem. I made no changes to the system since the last time these worked. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks to all who respond.

Bill McCracken

Try a new plan.

Try the saved plan in a default aircraft.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

3 hours ago, macpilot said:

Loaded a previously created Flight Plan.

Please provide more information.  Where was the flight plan created, where was it stored, how was in loaded for the fight with an issue?  Is is a saved flight plan, or is it instead a saved flight?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Today:

Received mandatory upgrade message.

After update Still using Honda loaded Flight previously created in Navigraph. Exported from Navgraph to My PLAN folder KJFK to KBWI same plan as yesterday. The flight was loaded from saved My Plan folder. This is a saved flight plan .pln. "Active Nav FMS" For this flight the flight followed the GPS track. Yesterday it did not. Looks ok! Shut down and restart FS2020. Loaded another flight PAYA To PACV created and loaded the same as the other flight."Active Nav FMS" this flight did not follow GPS track. I will try going back to KJFK-KBWI flight again tomorrow and different aircraft. Results at this point suspect Fight Plane.  Get back to all with results.

Thanks to all.

Bill McCracken

On 12/19/2023 at 4:28 PM, macpilot said:

Today:

Received mandatory upgrade message.

After update Still using Honda loaded Flight previously created in Navigraph. Exported from Navgraph to My PLAN folder KJFK to KBWI same plan as yesterday. The flight was loaded from saved My Plan folder. This is a saved flight plan .pln. "Active Nav FMS" For this flight the flight followed the GPS track. Yesterday it did not. Looks ok! Shut down and restart FS2020. Loaded another flight PAYA To PACV created and loaded the same as the other flight."Active Nav FMS" this flight did not follow GPS track. I will try going back to KJFK-KBWI flight again tomorrow and different aircraft. Results at this point suspect Fight Plane.  Get back to all with results.

Thanks to all.

Bill McCracken

Bill,
I personally have a great deal of experience with the Hjet.  Here is my suggestion.  Let's isolate the issue.  Please assemble your flight plan.  In MSFS and in the Hjet please bypass all attempts to load or import the flight plan.  Instead start MSFS, select the Hjet.  Make sure you are not on a lite livery. Use the World map to go to your desired spot at your departure airport.  Do not enter any destination or route information at the World screen. Period!  Just position yourself where you wish at your departure point.  

Power up the Hjet.  Use either of the the Garmin Touch Controls (GTC).  Enter your flight plan manually. Don't attempt to load or import a plan of any spec.  Just enter it step by step.  Don't overdo it with a complex plan.  Just a flight plan with departure, destination, and a couple of  interim waypoints or airways.  Go fly.  See what happens this time.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

FPPilot,

I will give this a try tomorrow. And let you know. Holidays busy!

Results of previous post.

Loaded and ran the KJFK To KBWI plan same as before. Honda followed the FMS as it should. Refer to the original message for details. Unfortunately the holidays are causing a delay in my flight time. 🙂

Thanks.

Bill 

FPPilot,

I flew the two previous flight as you requested. Started at departure airport. No flight plan. Entered FP in Garmin. KJFK To KBWI another flight PAYA To PACV. Both flights followed the GPS navigation with no problems. With those results. What does that say about my results that started my post?

Also, where on the Honda Jet are the light switches? (Landing, Taxi, etc. and cockpit lights) 

Thanks for your help.

Bill McCracken 

14 minutes ago, macpilot said:

FPPilot,

I flew the two previous flight as you requested. Started at departure airport. No flight plan. Entered FP in Garmin. KJFK To KBWI another flight PAYA To PACV. Both flights followed the GPS navigation with no problems. With those results. What does that say about my results that started my post?

Also, where on the Honda Jet are the light switches? (Landing, Taxi, etc. and cockpit lights) 

Thanks for your help.

Bill McCracken 

Lights are defaulted to automatic on the Honda Jet. If you wish to switch them manually it is in the  Aircraft Systems page of the GTC.

Eddie
KABQ