Sign in to follow this  
Zatoichi

Must MCE Always Enable Headset?

I decide to fly solo and yet MCE turns the speakers off and looks for the headset. Any way to disable that?
Thanks in advance.

23 hours ago, Zatoichi said:

I decide to fly solo and yet MCE turns the speakers off and looks for the headset. Any way to disable that?
Thanks in advance.

Probably a misunderstanding. What MCE does is disable the Windows feature whereby it decides on a whim to reduce the audio level of applications it deems as "background apps". This is to ensure, MCE audio doesn't fade over time, say because you received a Skype call or something like that.

Normally, would only happen once every 12 hours or so.

You can however disable that as follows...

In General tab of MCE UI click <More options>

In "Advanced options> panel, click <View config>

MCE config fill will open in Notepad.

Add this line to the [OPTIONS] section.

DisableVolumeFade=0

It's enabled by default.

A new Ultimate Edition package  was uploaded a couple of days ago, mostly for MSFS support. Up to you whether you want to update since you're on P3D V6.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Update process...

Un-install previous version via Windows Control Panel.

Do NOT delete anything manually.

Download and install latest.

Edited by FS++

On 12/22/2023 at 11:23 AM, Zatoichi said:

Thank you - FSX 😉

Thank again...and NOW I have P3d V6 😉 I noticed each xyz.exe had a xyz64.exe counterpart. Also, in speech tuning - towards the end the word 'you' is presented as 'yuore you' and waits until you repeat it :

6 hours ago, Zatoichi said:

Thank again...and NOW I have P3d V6 😉 I noticed each xyz.exe had a xyz64.exe counterpart. Also, in speech tuning - towards the end the word 'you' is presented as 'yuore you' and waits until you repeat it :

One of the text files intended for speech training had a type and was reported some time ago. Should be fixed since. Update to latest.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

And yes, agree, FSX was a great simulator. There is a reason why MSFS was built on it and not from scratch.

Updated - via windows install\remove. MCE splash screen, I hear, "Okay." then it shows "trying to connect to simulator," then it shuts down.

21 minutes ago, Zatoichi said:

Updated - via windows install\remove. MCE splash screen, I hear, "Okay." then it shows "trying to connect to simulator," then it shuts down.

Maybe you manually deleted <Multi Crew Experience> installation folder after un-installing, wiping your activation file in the process. Ensure your key is present inside installation folder.

Also, tell your anti-virus to trust "mce.exe". Avast and Avira are known to interfere with the process.

Eventually, restore MCE to factory settings

Windows Start->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings. This will ensure you have a config file in synch with latest options.

That will force you to go through the wizard again, but there is no need for speech training.

Did no manual deletion. Did resetconfig, did speech wizard successfully, but it closes.

I do hear some r\t and then it quits. I see no key file.

Edited by Zatoichi

Got my key from email and copied it into MCE folder...All's well.
Thank you for the support!