Sign in to follow this  
cosford77

creating a new airbase simulator! would anyone like to help?

hello all, i am planning to create a new airbase simulator using unreal engine! this will feature:

• all of the worlds military aircraft from 1950s to date included as addons
  • many air bases included as addons
  • real human speech in every one of the worlds accents!
  • QRA launches (these can be set to random or be triggered by you, the players!)
  • animated ground crew and pilots
  • aerobatic displays flown by expert ai pilots! either in solo routines or formation displays,
  • onboard cameras so you can fly with said ai pilots during displays QRA launches and sorties!

i know it seems like a lot, but i would love some help if anyone is interested in this project!

It seems a little early for an April 1, 2024 post!  Are you going to use the coding from a previous Sim or creating your own? 🤔

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

i am trying hard to create my own! or would it be better if i used a previous sims coding?

Edited by cosford77

I'm fairly sure you would not be able to use another Sim's coding.  Good luck with your venture!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

What exactly do you mean by airbase simulator? Something like managing an airbase rather than a flight sim?

Sounding like a Combat Flight Simulator with only military bases to fly from and combat aircraft only and combat missions to fly.  Sound familiar?  I've also noticed that we don't really have any Combat Flight Simulator forums here like other sites!

Charlie Aron

yeah! you will be able to find (once i make a website for it!) different freeware addons to make it look better that will be split into different catagories, they are:

• piston prop trainers (such as the chipmunk, bulldog, tutor t1 and  slingsby firefly!)
  • turboprop trainers (such as the shorts tucano, pilatus pc7 and t6 texan ii)
  • jet trainers (such as the hawk, gnat, alpha jet, HAL kiran, CASA c-101EB aviojet,mb339, jet provost, KAI t-50)
  • ground attack jets (such as the SEPECAT jaguar, Harrier, AMX, sk60, aero vodochody l159 alca, panavia tornado gr4) 
  •  fighters (such as the f86 sabre, AIDC f-ck-1 ching-kuo, mig 21, PAC jf-17 thunder, mirage 2000c, panavia tornado f3, f16)
  • bombers (such as the avro vulcan, b52, b1b, b36 peacemaker, b47 stratojet, vickers valiant)
  • AWACS/AEW aircraft (such as the ec121 warning star, e3 sentry, beriev a50, gannet aew3,e2 hawkeye)
  • tankers (such as the kc135, vc10, tristar, kc10, il78, handley page victor, kc767)
  • maritime patrol aircraft (such as the nimrod mr2, nimrod mra4, tu142, tu16, cp107 argus, alize, atlantique, orion)
  • transports (such as the c130, c5 galaxy, c141 starlifter, handley page hastings, argosy, belfast, pembroke, andover)
  • helicopters (such as the chinook, sycamore, dhruv, lynx
  • scenery (such as raf lyneham, rivolto, pratica di mare)

remember all this will be freeware!

Edited by cosford77

Don't forget that you will need permission from the developers of those aircraft to be able to use them in your Sim or have them on your website.

Charlie Aron