Sign in to follow this  
Dazzlercee23

X-Touch to Stream Deck +

Posted (edited)

I am thinking of switching from the X-Touch to the Stream Deck +.

Is reconfiguring the profiles simply a matter of going through each assignment and pressing/rotating the relevant control on the Stream Deck (obviously after installing the SD plugin) to tie the command/script to the new input?

Thanks, Daz

Edit: I've just learned that I basically call the same scripts from the SD software. 

Edited by Dazzlercee23

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

Is reconfiguring the profiles simply a matter of going through each assignment and pressing/rotating the relevant control on the Stream Deck

No, completely different tech. The StreamDeck is not just a "input device" in the sense of the word, and it does not send button presses or encoders.

Everything will have to be re-implemented using the Actions from the plugin, and it requires the back channel to display the state of what you do on the SD (so a button will show if a switch is up or down, or the touchstrip will show your selected altitude - etc. etc.).

Or you go to flightsim.to and find ready made SD profiles for your aircraft.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 minute ago, Lorby_SI said:

No, completely different tech. The StreamDeck is not just a "input device" in the sense of the word, and it does not send button presses or encoders.

Everything will have to be re-implemented using the Actions from the plugin. Or you go to flightsim.to and find ready made SD profiles for your aircraft.

Thanks.

Just watched a couple of videos and understand the differences.

Shouldn't be too much of a struggle as I have all my scripts and know the events/variables for various aircraft. Just a matter of implementing into the SD software via your plugin. 

Should be interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

Should be interesting. 

And implement the back channel too. You will also need graphics and icons. 

Starting with ready made profiles is really recommended.

LORBY-SI

Yeah, that was the main attraction over the X-Touch.

I have plenty of Guenseli's SD profiles to learn from.