Sign in to follow this  
atav757

P3D (v5.3+5.4) Not Reading Parking Codes

Posted (edited)

Since I updated to 5.3 months ago, and now 5.4, I noticed all my AI suddenly park in random locations. I opened up traffic explorer and noticed Al aircraft including my own don't show anything for parking codes, like P3D isn't reading it from any aircraft.cfg. Has anyone ever seen this before?

spacer.png

I use AIGFP + some BGL, but realized this probably isn't the issue, in the aircraft.cfg every livery has a parking codes entry, so that's not the issue.

Edited by atav757

It looks to me like the Traffic Explorer is reading the airport parking data, not the aircraft CFG file.

If the airport parking spaces don't have airline codes assigned then it won't matter what airline codes are in the aircraft CFG file.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

3 hours ago, dave2013 said:

It looks to me like the Traffic Explorer is reading the airport parking data, not the aircraft CFG file.

If the airport parking spaces don't have airline codes assigned then it won't matter what airline codes are in the aircraft CFG file.

Dave

I'm pretty sure that column I circled is only read from the aircraft.cfg, as is wingspan, parking types, etc. 

I've changed nothing in my ADEs as far as parking codes, they're all assigned. This happened suddenly, after years of having AI Traffic park exactly as expected.

I see now that you're using AIGFP.  So these plans are for the AIG traffic controller, right?

I would check if their traffic controller didn't mess something up.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Posted (edited)

Have you tried it at various other airports? I can say that I have never seen anything like this before.. The codes come from the aircraft.cfgs, mixing AIGFP and BGL''s wouldn't or shouldn't have anything to do with it.  

Maybe try deselecting and reselecting the Parking Codes column in Traffic explorer? 

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Have you tried it at various other airports? I can say that I have never seen anything like this before.. The codes come from the aircraft.cfgs, mixing AIGFP and BGL''s wouldn't or shouldn't have anything to do with it.  

Maybe try deselecting and reselecting the Parking Codes column in Traffic explorer? 

It is so bizarre! It happened suddenly, and it's literally EVERY custom airport I have. Again, for years AI traffic were parking perfectly at assigned gates. I removed and reinstalled traffic controller and that did nothing. Using an app like AI Companion and its airport analyzer, I can see that those spots' parking codes are being read properly, and AI Companion is also reading the atc_parking_codes from aircraft.cfgs properly as well as seen below.

spacer.png