Sign in to follow this  
slimfly

How can I prevent P3D from obstructing my P3D.cfg?!

I'm having a multimonitor setup which every now and then gets obstructed when I go into fullscreen mode, which will result in 1 out of 2 monitors go black and leave me with only the main monitor effective. I then will have to shut P3Dv5.4 down and go into the Prepare3D.cfg file and delete a whole bunch of nonsense in there, that somehow have been created without my approval. However usually happens after I have changed some settings inside one of the P3D dialog boxes.

Exactly what happens to the Prepare3D.cfg is, that this particular section will automatically duplicated  into the cfg so it now will show up in 2 places which then will screw up my fullscreen view over two monitors!!

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070.0.0]
Mode=3840x1080x32

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070.0.1]
Mode=3840x1080x32

How would I possibly be able to prevent this to happen?!!

Cheers,
Morten 

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Hi Morten-

These are the DVI/Display ports on the back of your grahics card driving your two monitors. This is normal.

Your full screen blackout of of one of your screens lies elseware.

Mark

• Like 1

What changes are you making that causes this to happen?

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

Going from windowed to full screen, sounds like.

If you untick "Black out desktop" in your P3D display settings, it won't happen.

I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension.  🙄

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW