Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

What are some good and popular Virtual airlines?

Neofly is worth mentioning as a free option.

It is not as sophisticated as some of the other VA you pay for  - but the basic career for just you flying is free.  You only pay if you want options like managing other pilots.

Walker Air Transport is also very good and provides something for both the casual and more strict pilots. The website, acars and simbrief integration is suberb. https://walkerair.us/

I have been with them since Nov 2022 and 510 flights later.

• Upvote 1

I like United-Virtual - but for some of the reasons that may turn off others. While anyone can join, the route selection is limited and aircraft type is as well (narrow-body "trainers"). For more complete access to aircraft and routes, a check ride is required (practice, practice, and practice a "canned route" - then record it... and if you think it's up to par - submit). Those rides are graded very similar to the grading regimen I had in USN flight school. A very thorough critique is given and while it is accurate and respectful, there is no cheap, unearned praise. Beyond the main check ride, there are advanced check rides one can take for type ratings, but those are completely optional and not required for type if the pilot decides to qualify by hours instead (a slower but certainly less-stressful way to go). Coming into flight sim from real-world aviation (mil, com - and general as a CFII), I do appreciate the more professional, disciplined and standardized approach they take. The resources and training material are very comprehensive as well. I'd be interested to know if there are similar approaches out there with other VAs. I have flown for AlaskaVA, OneWorld, Star Alliance, and SkyTeam virtual airlines as well. But of those, I find that United-Virtual is the best for me - but quite possibly for the same reason that it may not be best for others.

Edited by leeflet
Grammar corrections

Signature.jpg