Sign in to follow this  
Lonesome Cowboy Burt

MSFS Gamebar options.

I have a 7950X3D CPU and it is recommended to set the gamebar entry for MSFS to remember this is a game, which will hopefully tell windows to use just the VCache cores in MSFS.

Problem is there is no option to set this for MSFS in the gamebar. It is present  for other programs but simply doesnt appear for MSFS.

Anyone else come across this?

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt

I didn't know about this feature until now, but I tried it and for me remembering MSFS in Gamebar works. The game has to be running first, but you probably already know that.

32 minutes ago, Ohmsquare said:

I didn't know about this feature until now, but I tried it and for me remembering MSFS in Gamebar works. The game has to be running first, but you probably already know that.

Nor me.  I'm not expecting it to change much otherwise I think it would be one of the recommended settings in the numerous 'best settings' Youtube posts, but I've set it just now - thanks for the tip that the Sim has to be running.  If it makes a tangible difference to anything, I'll let you know.

9 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Problem is there is no option to set this for MSFS in the gamebar. It is present  for other programs but simply doesn't appear for MSFS.

You start the sim running, open the game bar and then click on settings.  

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, AJZip said:

Nor me.  I'm not expecting it to change much otherwise I think it would be one of the recommended settings in the numerous 'best settings' Youtube posts, but I've set it just now - thanks for the tip that the Sim has to be running.  If it makes a tangible difference to anything, I'll let you know.

You start the sim running, open the game bar and then click on settings.  

Yep, exactly what I've been trying but their simply isnt an option  to remember its a game though the option is there for other  games weird.

Are you running the latest Gamebar version?, all I can think is in the latest version MSFS is already assumed as a game so you don't have to tell it to remember, really I don't know.

Only reason I want to ensure its working is that is supposed to tell windows to run most games using just the V Cache cores which is I believe the best way to utilise the 7950X3D processor

3 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Shirley loads of people  are familiar with XBox Gamebar on their systems???

Don't call me Shirley and I don't know what a game bar is or where to find it or what it does.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Maybe this proves that MSFS isn't a game but rather a simulation.

Case closed.

😉

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Thanks, makes sense in some ways though does pose the question of what to do if you decide you should turn it off and also why developers Bury info on using their apps so deep that you end up finding the answer on a 3rd party site

15 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Thanks, makes sense in some ways though does pose the question of what to do if you decide you should turn it off and also why developers Bury info on using their apps so deep that you end up finding the answer on a 3rd party site

Yes, good point. Now I've turned it on with the tick box...the 'Remember' qustion and tick box now doesn't appear any more - so I can't turn it off even if I want to.  Good job it doesn't appear to have broken anything! 🙂

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, AJZip said:

Yes, good point. Now I've turned it on with the tick box...the 'Remember' qustion and tick box now doesn't appear any more - so I can't turn it off even if I want to.  Good job it doesn't appear to have broken anything! 🙂

Ah - @SoJourned 's post may help - I'm not certain I was on the 'General' tab.  I'll have a look next time I boot it up.