Hello, Guys!  

Need some advice. I am using Quest 3 with virtual desktop. Periodically facing a problem when the picture in VR freezes, while on the monitor everything moves well. If I reboot VR glasses without exiting the sim, then everything goes ok for 3 or 5 min then it freezes again... Should notice that this happens on the ground in a certain airports. For instance, I tried to depart from LIME and every 5 min I had a freeze problem. But I managed to depart and everything was ok during the rest of the flight... The same was yesterday in a LEMG...

Where should I look for a problem solution?  Does it depend on a codec I use in streamer app? Or maybe something in virtual desktop settings?

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

I am having some major problems like this too, it wasn't the case before.  Some update either from MS or Oculus is not working well.  And this will drive me nuts.  I posted my issues on the official forums also.  

You can also read about it here Oculus Link in-game suddenly glitching, not connecting and/or showing very low fps - User Support Hub / Virtual Reality (VR) - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

4 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I am having some major problems like this too

You say that it wasn't the case before?

I've noticed that there are problems at certain airports. 

Not seeing that issue here. Connected over Wifi to Virtual Desktop? Which codec and bitrate are you using? What other software is running apart from MSFS and Virtual Desktop? Are you using any Oculus software or SteamVR?

For reference, I'm only using MSFS, OpenXR Toolkit and Virtual Desktop using the VDXR runtime. This is over Wifi. No other software to facilitate the connection.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

3 hours ago, Donka said:

Not seeing that issue here. Connected over Wifi to Virtual Desktop? Which codec and bitrate are you using? What other software is running apart from MSFS and Virtual Desktop? Are you using any Oculus software or SteamVR?

For reference, I'm only using MSFS, OpenXR Toolkit and Virtual Desktop using the VDXR runtime. This is over Wifi. No other software to facilitate the connection.

I am using as same as you.  But I heard that the cause might be GP scheduling ON. Must be OFF. Will try that. 

20 minutes ago, zorro747 said:

I am using as same as you.  But I heard that the cause might be GP scheduling ON. Must be OFF. Will try that. 

I tested that recently both on and off without any issues but as of now, I keep it enabled as I'm seeing slightly better fps.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

12 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I just solved the problem on my end.  I will share it later this evening.  What an elegant solution 

would be nice to know about your solution 🙂  

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

Sorry, I forgot to post on this thread.

Alright this is how I am using VR in MSFS and it is Sim Heaven with my 2070 Super and aging i7-5820K

I have uninstalled openxr, facebook oculus app etc all from the system.  Only using Virtual Desktop Streamer and using Virtual desktop in my Oculus Pro.

Running MSFS in DX11 and I have Hardware-Accel GPU scheduling off.  Though you need this on, if you are using DX12 and only on the monitor (no VR) (along with DLSS tweaks etc).  I just use VR now.  

I use AutoFPS too and that app hits my sim out of the ball park.  Works like magic

I am getting like smooth 72 fps in VR (AutoFPS is automatically set to 40) but in VR (With Spacewarp), I see 72 fps smooth (that is all I care about)

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I am having the same issue and it came out of nowhere.  I tried out VR on the Quest 3 and it blew me away.  After a few days of tweaking settings and upgrading my computer I was very happy with the performance.  It just worked.  Worked surprisingly well for a Windows machine with flight sim, with lots of peripherals, with VR, etc.... I was very excited to just fire up Virtual Desktop, click MSFS and off we go into VR.

I decided to give DCS a try and love that as well. Even dug out my old X55 Rhino HOTAS.  Fast forward about 2 weeks and I start up MSFS again.  The headset freezes every single time I try and land or get near the ground.  The game itself keeps running on the monitor. I keep flying, I eventually hear the crash, but the headset freezes on the current view.  If I look around the current view stays in place and everything else in the periphery is black.  

I thought maybe some of the new equipment hooked up was causing a problem - I had upgraded rudder pedals from the old Saitek Pro pedals to Virpil pedals.  I had the X55 Rhino plugged in.  I took all that out and the freezing kept going.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Virtual Desktop and Steam VR, upgraded drivers, etc...  I don't really want to reinstall MSFS after I just got all the VR settings and add-ons just how I want them.

5 hours ago, OlArmy04 said:

I am having the same issue...

Turn the GPU scheduling OFF.  This might help.