Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Inflatable space station burst test

16 hours ago, birdguy said:

it just could be they are using UFOs or UAPs to monitor us and our behavior and would look very closely at a colony on Mars to see if we have socially evolved to the point where we can get along with each other before they would allow allow us to venture to the stars. 

Coincidentally, I watched The day The Earth Stood Still, one of my favorite films, the other day. Same concept, galactic police men keep an eye on the Earth to ensure we won't one day become a threat to the rest of the galaxy. 

I'm not sure about this idea to be honest though, Noel. Human technology is a very, very long way from being able to traverse the distances involved to be a threat to the rest of the galaxy. As Douglas Adams wrote... “Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.”

I mean we don't even know if physics allows such huge distances to be traversed in a reasonable time frame. If it is possible, then it will require a far better understanding of physics than we have now. We may even need to be way up there on the Kardashev scale. The new physics will need to incorporate what we already know to be true, and add some kind of additional exotic physics that currently we are oblivious too. 

Klaatu barada nikto! 😁 Lets hope Gort is listening.

Gort (The Day the Earth Stood Still) - Wikipedia

Edited by martin-w