Sign in to follow this  
slicker55

Not Auto-Loading Default Profile?

On 2/21/2024 at 2:02 PM, byork said:

RAAS updated to fix changes made in the FBW host aircraft.

Please use the Product Manager to update:

https://fs2crew.com/downloads/

@byork ... thanks for the latest updates to all FS2C products ... hope I'm not becoming a PITA ... not sure if the latest RAAS update should address the issue I reported with FBW A32NX importing Transition Altitude / Transition Level from MCDU .... if so, just to let you know that I have done a couple of test flights ... sorry to report, still not importing correctly 

i9-12900K 3.20GHz | Z690 Hero | 64Gb DDR5 5200MHz | RTX3090 O24G | 2TB Firecuda 530 M.2 | RM1000x | H170i ELITE | Corsair 7000D | Samsung Neo G9 | TrackIR | ButtKicker | Honeycomb Bravo | TM TCA Boeing & Sidestick | MFG Crosswinds | Logitech Multi/Radio Panels | Win 10 | MSFS 2020 | (revised May 2023)

17 hours ago, slicker55 said:

@byork ... thanks for the latest updates to all FS2C products ... hope I'm not becoming a PITA ... not sure if the latest RAAS update should address the issue I reported with FBW A32NX importing Transition Altitude / Transition Level from MCDU .... if so, just to let you know that I have done a couple of test flights ... sorry to report, still not importing correctly 

Please check the Product Manager to ensure you have the latest update.

Manuel should have fixed that.  The problem was FBW changed the way they handle TA/TL values.

9 hours ago, byork said:

Please check the Product Manager to ensure you have the latest update.

Manuel should have fixed that.  The problem was FBW changed the way they handle TA/TL values.

@byork ... again, thanks for chasing this issue up ... appreciated

RAAS 1.9.85
a32nx-v0.12.0-dev.cfed84c

Just to allay any confusion, it may be a good idea if I outline what I'm currently doing...

First, I am importing Simbrief FP into A32NX MCDU

I am not launching RAAS Professional via MSFS Toolbar FS2CREW COMMAND CENTER V1.12.75 until after the MCDU is fully configured.

In my case, A320 is set as default and RAAS GUI opens

GUI, Config, RAAS CUSTOM LVAR ENABLED is ticked

I am clicking on the tab 'EXTENDED HOLD AND MISC SETTINGS' and cross-checking the TA/TL values against the corresponding values in the MCDU

Unfortunately, the values displayed in the RAAS GUI are from the previous flight so I am changing these to match the values in the MCDU and clicking on SAVE PROFILE

Everything then works as expected for this flight but I have to repeat the whole process again when I start a new flight.

Hope this information is helpful 

Edited by slicker55

i9-12900K 3.20GHz | Z690 Hero | 64Gb DDR5 5200MHz | RTX3090 O24G | 2TB Firecuda 530 M.2 | RM1000x | H170i ELITE | Corsair 7000D | Samsung Neo G9 | TrackIR | ButtKicker | Honeycomb Bravo | TM TCA Boeing & Sidestick | MFG Crosswinds | Logitech Multi/Radio Panels | Win 10 | MSFS 2020 | (revised May 2023)

26 minutes ago, slicker55 said:

@byork ... again, thanks for chasing this issue up ... appreciated

RAAS 1.9.85
a32nx-v0.12.0-dev.cfed84c

Just to allay any confusion, it may be a good idea if I outline what I'm currently doing...

First, I am importing Simbrief FP into A32NX MCDU

I am not launching RAAS Professional via MSFS Toolbar FS2CREW COMMAND CENTER V1.12.75 until after the MCDU is fully configured.

In my case, A320 is set as default and RAAS GUI opens

GUI, Config, RAAS CUSTOM LVAR ENABLED is ticked

I am clicking on the tab 'EXTENDED HOLD AND MISC SETTINGS' and cross-checking the TA/TL values against the corresponding values in the MCDU

Unfortunately, the values displayed in the RAAS GUI are from the previous flight so I am changing these to match the values in the MCDU and clicking on SAVE PROFILE

Everything then works as expected for this flight but I have to repeat the whole process again when I start a new flight.

Hope this information is helpful 

Hi, no worries.

But question..at which moment you launch the FS2Crew FBW (copilot program?)...this is the one that actually takes the data out of the CDU and sends to RAAS program.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

Hi, no worries.

But question..at which moment you launch the FS2Crew FBW (copilot program?)...this is the one that actually takes the data out of the CDU and sends to RAAS program.

Cheers,

Manuel

Hi Manuel, guess you are probably on to something there ... didn't know that ... for testing, have only been launching RAAS .... just tried launching co-pilot and then RAAS ... perfecto!

Many thanks for sticking with me ... I don't suppose it will be possible to get RAAS to auto-update without having to run the co-pilot program... thinking of other users who may not own both programs or for occasions when a user who does own both programs but just wants to use RAAS for some reason?

Once again, appreciate all your hard work and many thanks for the recent updates to your range of products