Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Mann

new user, initial installation

I've read the quick start guide, I've also read the manual. Still when I start the flight sim and then start PSXT v 5.5.0, the "sim" is in red; 53: no liveries is found at bottom. I cannot even get the very first initial part to work. I've started over in the regular manual and followed it as well, but same result. I've added the license manually in the parameters.xml even though I already added it in the realtraffic program initially, and nothing. Where do I start to figure out my mistake?

Currently at MK Studios KPHL w/ FSLTL models installed. 

found the error: parameters.xml installation was not my correct path for installation for some reason. 

having exactly the same issue (installing the new version PSXT and believe I dont need realtraffic installed) but everything is red with the classic red 53 error!

but what does your solution mean? what is parameters.xml and how did you correct the installation error?

1 hour ago, mac44 said:

having exactly the same issue (installing the new version PSXT and believe I dont need realtraffic installed

You need to have Real Traffic installed. You just don't need to run it separately anymore.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

You need to have Real Traffic installed. You just don't need to run it separately anymore.

No, no:

You don't need to install the RealTraffic app, you only have to put your RT license in the RealTraffic.lic file in the PSXT installation folder.

Edited by kiek

5 hours ago, mac44 said:

what is parameters.xml and how did you correct the installation error?

See the Manual chapter 5.

21 minutes ago, kiek said:

You don't need to install the RealTraffic app, you only have to put your RT license in the RealTraffic.lic file in the PSXT installation folder.

Oh that is excellent to hear! I didn't see the newest update as well. Great news!

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

4 hours ago, kiek said:

See the Manual chapter 5.

thanks for the reply read chapter 5 and found my parameter file but still don't no how to solve the issue (also tried a reinstall)

my screen looks like nothing is connecting (everything in red with the error 53 along the bottom!

however 

1)found the realtraffic.lic file in the main install - put the licence in 

2)also in the main app page - in the community folder extension it does not give a link to my community folder (- however when I try and click on the extension and enter mine it does not let me edit!?

3)finally found the paraeters.xmp file but there is no reference to this

"lfolder1 with a link to my fsltl file? also there is a reference to "msfs install path" which directs the program to the C drive packages file and not community file?

any suggestions on what I need to do/change to get this working...

Edited by mac44

2 hours ago, mac44 said:

thanks for the reply read chapter 5 and found my parameter file but still don't no how to solve the issue (also tried a reinstall)

my screen looks like nothing is connecting (everything in red with the error 53 along the bottom!

however 

1)found the realtraffic.lic file in the main install - put the licence in 

2)also in the main app page - in the community folder extension it does not give a link to my community folder (- however when I try and click on the extension and enter mine it does not let me edit!?

3)finally found the paraeters.xmp file but there is no reference to this

"lfolder1 with a link to my fsltl file? also there is a reference to "msfs install path" which directs the program to the C drive packages file and not community file?

any suggestions on what I need to do/change to get this working...

update

1)so went into the parameter.xml and my setup has the official and community folder on a separate folder from the main install folder - so pointed this community folder box to my F drive and it seemed to pick up the liveries and airports - was then able to get it running (i think)?

2)In terms of the weather (know you have to make it live) but will the date need to be live also - does it only select the current live traffic at airport at the current time even if the date you select in sim was say 2000?

3)want to run the real traffic app (just to monitor the traffic) and know its not required but how can I install it and have it working with the current version of PSXT?

4)saw in the older version of PSXT there was GA aircraft box and an airport file (xml) box - my latest version has neither of these boxes and also has along the top simply "PSXT" with no MSFS prefix - is this how it should work?

5)Finally is it possible to have a "traffic" file made for the old kai tak airport? (currently no software file exists) also my INIbuilds Heathrow is appearing on the app as only having refine paper 

Edited by mac44

6 hours ago, mac44 said:

1)so went into the parameter.xml and my setup has the official and community folder on a separate folder from the main install folder - so pointed this community folder box to my F drive and it seemed to pick up the liveries and airports - was then able to get it running (i think)?

2)In terms of the weather (know you have to make it live) but will the date need to be live also - does it only select the current live traffic at airport at the current time even if the date you select in sim was say 2000?

3)want to run the real traffic app (just to monitor the traffic) and know its not required but how can I install it and have it working with the current version of PSXT?

4)saw in the older version of PSXT there was GA aircraft box and an airport file (xml) box - my latest version has neither of these boxes and also has along the top simply "PSXT" with no MSFS prefix - is this how it should work?

5)Finally is it possible to have a "traffic" file made for the old kai tak airport? (currently no software file exists) also my INIbuilds Heathrow is appearing on the app as only having refine paper 

2) [Professional RT license only] It takes the traffic of the date in the sim (but no longer then 4 weeks ago) and the weather for that historic traffic is of course the weather at that historic data, however, the weather in your Sim is the actual weather because MSFS does not support historic weather.

3) The RealTraffic app works with PSXTraffic not with PSXT.  Then you must install PSXTraffic and the RealTraffic app, although not recommended, you loose LearnDestinationm and other improvements that are only provided by PSXT. You better watch the traffic with the LittleNavMap program.

4) PSXT is the version for MSFS. Because it is the most used version I have skipped the suffix _MSFS.  Only for P3D you need the suffix _P3D. 
From the Manual: "PSXT spawns business jets, large, and heavy types of live aircraft. Ground vehicles, Gliders, Airships and Balloons are not spawn.
If you have these liveries installed it will also spawn light aircraft (GA), high-performance aircraft (F16, F35 and so on) and helicopters. You can switch these categories off via hidden parameters in the parameters.xml file."

5) There are no aircraft flying to/from the old  kai tak airport .... so no that's not possible. You can ofcourse always edit the airport file, generated by PSXT (if you have the KaiTak airport installed, and have add the airport to airports_msfs.xml), with static parked aircraft by hand.

"also my INIbuilds Heathrow is appearing on the app as only having refine paper "   Sorry, do not understand, what do you mean?

3 hours ago, kiek said:

2) [Professional RT license only] It takes the traffic of the date in the sim (but no longer then 4 weeks ago) and the weather for that historic traffic is of course the weather at that historic data, however, the weather in your Sim is the actual weather because MSFS does not support historic weather.

3) The RealTraffic app works with PSXTraffic not with PSXT.  Then you must install PSXTraffic and the RealTraffic app, although not recommended, you loose LearnDestinationm and other improvements that are only provided by PSXT. You better watch the traffic with the LittleNavMap program.

4) PSXT is the version for MSFS. Because it is the most used version I have skipped the suffix _MSFS.  Only for P3D you need the suffix _P3D. 
From the Manual: "PSXT spawns business jets, large, and heavy types of live aircraft. Ground vehicles, Gliders, Airships and Balloons are not spawn.
If you have these liveries installed it will also spawn light aircraft (GA), high-performance aircraft (F16, F35 and so on) and helicopters. You can switch these categories off via hidden parameters in the parameters.xml file."

5) There are no aircraft flying to/from the old  kai tak airport .... so no that's not possible. You can ofcourse always edit the airport file, generated by PSXT (if you have the KaiTak airport installed, and have add the airport to airports_msfs.xml), with static parked aircraft by hand.

"also my INIbuilds Heathrow is appearing on the app as only having refine paper "   Sorry, do not understand, what do you mean?

thanks some additional points below

2)I just have the normal licence - so does this mean irrespective of the sim date selected (today or 2 weeks ago) - will always get the traffic (aircraft movements)at say heathrow right now (live!) - or have I misunderstood? (i.e. if I log on at 2am today and load PSXT it will give no aircraft as airport is virtually closed - or if I change the time it will make the airport active)

3)Understood - so your advice is just stick with the latest version and use littlenav map? (out of interest is it not possible to run the real traffic app unconnected to PSXT) just to see the traffic around a particular airport that should be appearing?

4)on the GA/military question I am using FSLTL for the aircraft (although I also have a paid copy of FS Traffic thats not installed) - does this mean I will see GA military with only FSLTL or if I add the FS Traffic aircraft?

5)Actually with my payware Kai Tak get a handful of static period aircraft already - think you are saying its not possible to get AI moving traffic at the airport as its not operational?

in terms of the ini heathrow payware airport point was that in PSXT its being picked up as the default heathrow but when I fly from ini JFK it picks it up as a payware ini airport - does this mean something is wrong? (note I have my official and community folder on a different drive which I pointed PSXT towards - but I bought INI heathrow in the marketplace no idea if this make any difference)

Edited by mac44

2 hours ago, mac44 said:

2)I just have the normal licence - so does this mean irrespective of the sim date selected (today or 2 weeks ago) - will always get the traffic (aircraft movements)at say heathrow right now (live!) - or have I misunderstood? (i.e. if I log on at 2am today and load PSXT it will give no aircraft as airport is virtually closed - or if I change the time it will make the airport active)

3)Understood - so your advice is just stick with the latest version and use littlenav map? (out of interest is it not possible to run the real traffic app unconnected to PSXT) just to see the traffic around a particular airport that should be appearing?

4)on the GA/military question I am using FSLTL for the aircraft (although I also have a paid copy of FS Traffic thats not installed) - does this mean I will see GA military with only FSLTL or if I add the FS Traffic aircraft?

5)Actually with my payware Kai Tak get a handful of static period aircraft already - think you are saying its not possible to get AI moving traffic at the airport as its not operational?

in terms of the ini heathrow payware airport point was that in PSXT its being picked up as the default heathrow but when I fly from ini JFK it picks it up as a payware ini airport - does this mean something is wrong? (note I have my official and community folder on a different drive which I pointed PSXT towards - but I bought INI heathrow in the marketplace no idea if this make any difference)

2) With a standard license you will always get the traffic of the real time, irrespective what you do in your Sim.

3)  You van run the RealTraffic app unconnected in observer mode and select an airport.

4) You van use both FSLTL and FSTraffic, no  problem. See manual Chapter 5.  Althoiugh I recommend to use AIG.

5) These are probably from the payware airport, not from PSXT.     Yes ityis not operational, are there not houses at that place currently?

Heathrow: never buy an aiport from the market place because they are encrypted. PSXT cannpot read the .BGL file for the positions of the gates, that's why you get the stock vertsion.
However, you van fix that with this work around. Place the archive\airports\thirdparty\INIBUILDS\EGLL.xml over archive\airports\stock\EGLL.xml    (overwrite)

21 hours ago, kiek said:

2) With a standard license you will always get the traffic of the real time, irrespective what you do in your Sim.

3)  You van run the RealTraffic app unconnected in observer mode and select an airport.

4) You van use both FSLTL and FSTraffic, no  problem. See manual Chapter 5.  Althoiugh I recommend to use AIG.

5) These are probably from the payware airport, not from PSXT.     Yes ityis not operational, are there not houses at that place currently?

Heathrow: never buy an aiport from the market place because they are encrypted. PSXT cannpot read the .BGL file for the positions of the gates, that's why you get the stock vertsion.
However, you van fix that with this work around. Place the archive\airports\thirdparty\INIBUILDS\EGLL.xml over archive\airports\stock\EGLL.xml    (overwrite)

thanks for the replies

2)so to be clear with the standard licence it does not matter what day you select you just get the live traffic at that moment (so better to fly when the airport is actually active?) - for the professional licence if i select a date/time in early january 2024 it will give me the traffic at exactly that time (only up to 4 weeks are recorded) - for PSXT to function assume you need to keep renewing your realtraffic licence or buy a 12months option? (is there any autorenew option for the licence?) 

3)ok will run the app unconnected - so guess this is a way to check if psxt ingame is working as with the standard licence MSFS should mirror realtraffic?

4)dont like AIG (to long to set up so not sure I want to use) - but with just FSLTL are you getting GA and military aircraft? - also is there any point dropping my FStraffic aircraft into the community folder to run along with the FSLTL aircraft or does this not add anything?

5)for the heathrow fix where do I get the ini egll.xml file to drop in?(assume I overrise the airports stock folder in the main install folder)

also final couple of questions - getting a yellow message in the airports section of the GUI the message is "2 airports in TB folder" what does this mean? and do you have some suggested settings for things like aircraft matching depth and parking % that are good for the average user or should you just stick with default settings?

27 minutes ago, mac44 said:

thanks for the replies

2)so to be clear with the standard licence it does not matter what day you select you just get the live traffic at that moment (so better to fly when the airport is actually active?) - for the professional licence if i select a date/time in early january 2024 it will give me the traffic at exactly that time (only up to 4 weeks are recorded) - for PSXT to function assume you need to keep renewing your realtraffic licence or buy a 12months option? (is there any autorenew option for the licence?) 

3)ok will run the app unconnected - so guess this is a way to check if psxt ingame is working as with the standard licence MSFS should mirror realtraffic?

4)dont like AIG (to long to set up so not sure I want to use) - but with just FSLTL are you getting GA and military aircraft? - also is there any point dropping my FStraffic aircraft into the community folder to run along with the FSLTL aircraft or does this not add anything?

5)for the heathrow fix where do I get the ini egll.xml file to drop in?(assume I overrise the airports stock folder in the main install folder)

also final couple of questions - getting a yellow message in the airports section of the GUI the message is "2 airports in TB folder" what does this mean? and do you have some suggested settings for things like aircraft matching depth and parking % that are good for the average user or should you just stick with default settings?

2) no there is no auto renew.

3)Don't understand your question.

4) Installing AIG goes automatically, without user intervention needed, takes about 4 to 5 hours. It will give you many more models and liveries then FSLTL and FSTraffic together. They are also more fps friendly then the FSLTL models.

5)  ... like I wrote in my previous post archive\airports\stock\EGLL.xml 

about : "2 airports in TBLO folder", read the Quick Start guide, page 2.

about: settings, see the Quick Start Guide: go for the default settings first. 

On 1/29/2024 at 2:30 PM, kiek said:

2) no there is no auto renew.

3)Don't understand your question.

4) Installing AIG goes automatically, without user intervention needed, takes about 4 to 5 hours. It will give you many more models and liveries then FSLTL and FSTraffic together. They are also more fps friendly then the FSLTL models.

5)  ... like I wrote in my previous post archive\airports\stock\EGLL.xml 

about : "2 airports in TBLO folder", read the Quick Start guide, page 2.

about: settings, see the Quick Start Guide: go for the default settings first. 

thanks - got it working - and the ini fix is required to get traffic working properly in my heathrow......

1)assume I need to do the fix for any payware airport I have purchased from the market place?

2)may give AIG a try then is there a single file I need to download for this or will I have to go through the "install" process - which I think involves the aircraft and then installing the liveries separately?

3)also just to be clear guess that AIG gives military and GA aircraft but would FSLTL+FS Traffic?

Edited by mac44