Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Mann

new user, initial installation

1 Yes, and be aware you have to make these fixes after every install of a new PSXT version, hence you better make a batch file for that.

2 No, use the AIG AI Manager, everything goes automatically. You can set it up such that no user intervention is needed. .

3 I don't know. Maybe others can jump in

Edited by kiek

On 1/28/2024 at 5:33 AM, mac44 said:

4)on the GA/military question I am using FSLTL for the aircraft (although I also have a paid copy of FS Traffic thats not installed) - does this mean I will see GA military with only FSLTL or if I add the FS Traffic aircraft?

FSLTL will have limited GA and NO military, FS Traffic won't bring in anything that you don't already have with FSLTL as it has less models and about 20% of the liveries that FSLTL includes.

For the most GA (bizjets) and some military transports (Gulfstream, 737, and 757 variants etc) you need AIG which also has about 8x the number of liveries of FSLTL and many more model types. For more military types you need to learn how to add to your collection manually.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 2/1/2024 at 6:32 AM, kiek said:

1 Yes, and be aware you have to make these fixes after every install of a new PSXT version, hence you better make a batch file for that.

2 No, use the AIG AI Manager, everything goes automatically. You can set it up such that no user intervention is needed. .

3 I don't know. Maybe others can jump in

thanks for the replies!

1)So ini heathrow is working very well now - only issue I have noticed is planes landing short - assume this could be a QH issue and you need live weather set for it all to work?

2)Have many market place airports (lost track of how many!) - is there someway in MSFS to list/sort these purchases so I know what airports need replaced?(I assume also any airports installed in the community folder should be picked up my PSXT and no adjustment for these is necessary?)

3)In the ini heathrow case where it was detecting only  the asobo heathrow does this break PSXT or just mean parking spots are incorrect?

4)For AIG aircraft install - assume you just run the "AI manager" program and it will simply download the aircraft and liveries into the community folder which PSXT then picks up?(running just the AIG AI manager will not mess anything else up in the sim or settings) - then with this assume you should get military traffic but only if their picked up my real traffic?

5)Finally if I just run a small GA airfield in the UK for example with only FSLTL aircraft - am I likely to get any traffic (assume I will but only if the type (such as a  cessna172) is included in FSLTL or in the in sim aircraft library?

1 hour ago, mac44 said:

thanks for the replies!

1)So ini heathrow is working very well now - only issue I have noticed is planes landing short - assume this could be a QH issue and you need live weather set for it all to work?

2)Have many market place airports (lost track of how many!) - is there someway in MSFS to list/sort these purchases so I know what airports need replaced?(I assume also any airports installed in the community folder should be picked up my PSXT and no adjustment for these is necessary?)

3)In the ini heathrow case where it was detecting only  the asobo heathrow does this break PSXT or just mean parking spots are incorrect?

4)For AIG aircraft install - assume you just run the "AI manager" program and it will simply download the aircraft and liveries into the community folder which PSXT then picks up?(running just the AIG AI manager will not mess anything else up in the sim or settings) - then with this assume you should get military traffic but only if their picked up my real traffic?

5)Finally if I just run a small GA airfield in the UK for example with only FSLTL aircraft - am I likely to get any traffic (assume I will but only if the type (such as a  cessna172) is included in FSLTL or in the in sim aircraft library?

You are running out of support time .... 😉 You have asked so many question. I recommend to read the Manual first (from front to bottom), then make a flight, and then read the Manual again...and again and the FAQ's...

Here are my final replies:

1) No, you cannot do anything about that.

2) No, that's your responsibility to know what you have purchased where

3) It does not break PSXT, but the parking spots may not completely be aligned with the parking spots in the INIBUILD's version. And the number of parking spots differ (195 vs 216)  

4) You decide where the AIG AI Manager will put the Airplanes, this could be a subfolder of community, but it is good practice to use a folder somewhere else and use the AddOn Linker program. The AIG AI manager does noting with MSFS. In general: you could get military traffic if you have installed military aircraft and the RT data stream contains mil traffic.

5) The Sim aircraft are user flyable aircraft, they are not to be used as AI aircraft because they are much too heavy on frames.  Whether or not you get any traffic at a small airfiled fully depends on whether it is supported by RealTraffic or not.

Enjoy!

period 😉  

thanks for the all the support😀

has been running flawlessly (only grip is no traffic at the old kai tak airport😉)

however today PSXT wouldn't load up - gives me the error "98:this version has been reverted download version 0.0.0 "?

suspect this might be because my traffic licence has expired (only took 1 month) - if yes what is the best way to renew and getting it working again? (note going to be using this regularly so assume there is a year option that is maybe better value than the 1 year?)

Posted (edited)

This has nothing to do with your Traffic license. You are running an old version. Go to my website an download the latest (6.1.4 at the moment)

About RT licences, a licence for a year is 50% cheaper. You can read that at the RT website...

Edited by kiek

On 3/1/2024 at 6:18 AM, kiek said:

This has nothing to do with your Traffic license. You are running an old version. Go to my website an download the latest (6.1.4 at the moment)

About RT licences, a licence for a year is 50% cheaper. You can read that at the RT website...

thanks for the reply! - so does the old version stop functioning when there is a new version available? 

1)so have just downloaded 6.1.4 (my installed version is 5.5.1) - so is it just a case of installing over the top of the existing install and it will work again - or do I need to uninstall the old one first? 

2)in terms of the licences pretty sure I bought the 24 day as a trial but want the 12months now - but  if I check the realtraffic website its showing the standard licence as a 25% discount to monthly - where can I get the option that saves 50%?

3)in terms of the realtraffic licence expiring will there be a warning in PSXT when its expired or an email from realtraffic (basically how can I check how many days I have left?) and if I purchase the 12 month licence do I simply swap out the licence key in my config file to start using the longer licence?

Please read the Manual and the Quick Start Guide. In there you can find the answers to your questions.

I give no support till March 18th, as you could have read at the top of this forum ...