Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

its too much headache

hello

i have been using this app for almost 2 years and as its a no go to fly without it anymore , the software is really cranky , one day its working the next its not for no reason, i installed the latest update and now it starts only the first time i run it if i restarted the sim or pc , it gets stuck at connecting to sim. i have to uninstall and install mce again everytime i run the sim?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its too hard to follow hotfixes since its all over the place in forums 

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2024 at 3:38 PM, ayousry said:

hello

i have been using this app for almost 2 years and as its a no go to fly without it anymore , the software is really cranky , one day its working the next its not for no reason, i installed the latest update and now it starts only the first time i run it if i restarted the sim or pc , it gets stuck at connecting to sim. i have to uninstall and install mce again everytime i run the sim?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its too hard to follow hotfixes since its all over the place in forums 

Sorry to hear that.

I suggest the following...

Un-install previous version via Windows Control Panel, add-remove programs.

If you're on Ultimate Edition, download latest V3.0.6.4 from main website

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

If on MSFS Edition, use download link sent to you by support (available on request) or get latest from your Simmarket account.

Install to default path and ensure your activation file is present in \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder.

No need to patch.

If it only runs AFTER re-installing, chances are your anti-virus is blocking or moving "mce.exe" to the Vault.

Tell it to trust the file, it's digitally signed anyway. Some anti-virus packages like Avira or Avast do that. The major ones usually don't.

Then report regarding V3.0.6.4

i did that before your reply, since am expert now with the headaches and invconvience that software brought me , am on ultimate edition and using only win 10 defender and MCE.EXE is excluded already , it worked yesterday and today till now it did it again for no obvious reason (I CHANGED NOTHING) 

and if it is the case why would it work first time i run it after reinstalling and then it dont or sometimes couple of times and then it stops working again ?!!!!

am sure if i reninstalled it now it will work for a couple of times adn then again same loop

Edited by ayousry

2 hours ago, ayousry said:

i did that before your reply, since am expert now with the headaches and invconvience that software brought me , am on ultimate edition and using only win 10 defender and MCE.EXE is excluded already , it worked yesterday and today till now it did it again for no obvious reason (I CHANGED NOTHING) 

and if it is the case why would it work first time i run it after reinstalling and then it dont or sometimes couple of times and then it stops working again ?!!!!

am sure if i reninstalled it now it will work for a couple of times adn then again same loop

A new patch has been uploaded, mostly to address minor issues with ATR support. I suggest you grab it from this link

Your security software will see it as a new file.

On 1/26/2024 at 8:37 PM, ayousry said:

Let me know if it's still hit and miss.

You may want to check Windows defender history to see if at any time in the past, it flagged "mce.exe" as potential malware, which means it may occasionally prevent it running. find the reference to the incident and select <<Action> "Allow on device".

I've had much improved reliability getting MCE to start after installing that little patch above. MCE .64 was a complete hit or miss whether or not it seemed to be able to detect MSFS. I was getting so sick of going through all the time it takes to start the simulator and then to find out MCE wasn't gonna recognize it anyway. I was getting extremely frustrated. But since installing that up there, it's been smooth sailing. I even redownloaded and reinstalled it three times. Don't know if I had a funky file or what.

This was with the fenix A320.

-Cory Crabtree