Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Addon aircraft -Steering Tiller not recognised as an axis?

With default aircraft, I can select an axis from my HOTAS in the Controls - Misc - Nose Wheel Steering Axis setting and once validated, the white bar below the axis setting moves showing it is recognised as an axis and the NWS works correctly in the sim.  However, I have now spent several hours trying to figure out why this does not work in PMDG 737. I have just checked with FBW 320 and found the same problem.

i have also found that ONLY with those addon aircraft, when I select an axis, the setting is not recognised as an axis ie the white bar is frozen and does not react to inputs.

I have ensured no other settings are set to the same axis, I have tried 3 different HOTAS axes, I gave reinstalled PMDG twice and made a clean install of FBW 320. Finally, I again checked the default 747 - it recognises the axis and that axis controls NWS in the sim!

No idea where to look next so v grateful for advice ……….

I find that in some cases I have to bind the tiller to "Helicopter Steering" (but you may need to reverse that axis).

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

For the PMDG you need to activate the nose wheel steering axis control in the one of the FMC options menus. It's been a while since I've looked but I'd guess in the simulation section. There are two options, one where rudder controls both rudder and nose wheel steering and one where it uses the separate axes. I believe it defaults to rudder only option.

I had to change that to "Tiller and Rudder" for the PMDG 737-600. It can be found in the PMDG Setup/Options/Simulation section of the FMC (steering hardware type on Page 7).

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks folks but it’s nothing to do with the PMDG FMC selection. With either addon aircraft, the NWS setting will not accept an axis whereas with a default aircraft it does.  Odd!
Not sure how I can return back to default without a full msfs reinstall  - yuk!?