Dear Gerald,

First of all thank you for fixing the problem with Lower EICAS being put to STS on the 757. Very appreciated your help.

I come to you or anyone else who might know whether there is such a command as set takeoff flaps? As I browsed around other planes within MCE main folder to see what could possibly be possible for the CS 757 as well, as there seem to be a lot of undocumented features. 

The set takeoff flaps command is quite handy to have as stock Boeing procedures usually call for the pilot monitoring to set take off flaps. I understand that every plane has different things that MCE can accomplish with but I am wondering if set takeoff flaps command would be a general command that the FO could interpret based on the selection made in MCE window (monitor weight, speeds, takeoff flaps and so on)?

I have tried to write it in one of my flows prior take off but the FO doesn’t seem to touch the flap lever whatsoever when he goes through this line.

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

12 hours ago, Balint Szarka said:

Dear Gerald,

First of all thank you for fixing the problem with Lower EICAS being put to STS on the 757. Very appreciated your help.

I come to you or anyone else who might know whether there is such a command as set takeoff flaps? As I browsed around other planes within MCE main folder to see what could possibly be possible for the CS 757 as well, as there seem to be a lot of undocumented features. 

The set takeoff flaps command is quite handy to have as stock Boeing procedures usually call for the pilot monitoring to set take off flaps. I understand that every plane has different things that MCE can accomplish with but I am wondering if set takeoff flaps command would be a general command that the FO could interpret based on the selection made in MCE window (monitor weight, speeds, takeoff flaps and so on)?

I have tried to write it in one of my flows prior take off but the FO doesn’t seem to touch the flap lever whatsoever when he goes through this line.

You're welcome.

Give the speech command "set takeoff flaps" verbally and see if it's recognized. Normally, it's enabled for all planes.

For those where MCE can read actual takeoff flaps like most PMDG planes, Fo will set the flaps as per CDU input.

For others, he just sets what's in the MCE panel. First detent if user didn't change it..

16 hours ago, Balint Szarka said:

Dear Gerald,

As I browsed around other planes within MCE main folder to see what could possibly be possible for the CS 757 as well, as there seem to be a lot of undocumented features. 

Indeed.

Can't remember if the CS 757 has a "available commands" list. Will post one eventually.

The pre-made flows give you an idea.

Lots of undocumented features. For instance...

It's possible to teach the crew to understand and act on ANY natural speech you may want to come up with, including non-English languages. That's because we built a speech simulator into MCE. Not found in any other similar products.

Since last year, it's possible to warp the aircraft in MSFS, P3D or FSX to any airport/gate/runway using voice commands such as

Move the plane to Frankfurt gate twenty one

Relocate the plane to las Vegas   (takes you to first gate)

position aircraft at Kilo Julliett Foxtrot Kilo runway zero four left.

Within same airport can relocate t another runway with these

move the plane to runway zero seven left 

warp the aircraft to runway two five right.

As is the case with all critical items, there will always be a vocal prompt to confirm the command is intended. By default, keeping silent for about 10 seconds  means "no, ignore last command".

And if it's dark out there afterv relocating and can't be sure where you are, ask copilot "confirm position".

Most dialing commands can be re-adjusted on the fly..

Example: you ask the FO "set heading one fifty".

Let's pretend speech engine picked-up "set heading one fifteen" by mistake.

Co-pilot starts dialing.

No need to wait for him to dial the wrong one, then make a second command to get him to set the correct one.

while he's dialing the wrong one, just say "correction one five zero", "my bad one five zero", "sorry one five zero", "my mistake one five zero" and he should dial the correct one. Once dialing is complete, you would need a new speech command.

Same for speed or altitude dialling. No need to mention "altitude", "heading" or "speed", he knows which item he's currently dialing.

Edited by FS++

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

You're welcome.

Give the speech command "set takeoff flaps" verbally and see if it's recognized. Normally, it's enabled for all planes.

For those where MCE can read actual takeoff flaps like most PMDG planes, Fo will set the flaps as per CDU input.

For others, he just sets what's in the MCE panel. First detent if user didn't change it..

Looks like that doesn't work. I just tried. So then I just have to work around it then. Thank you for your help.

Balint Szarka

On 1/28/2024 at 8:12 PM, Balint Szarka said:

Looks like that doesn't work. I just tried. So then I just have to work around it then. Thank you for your help.

Somehow broke some time ago.

Redownload patch and just replace "mce.exe" V3.0.6.7

Should work now.

If using MSFS, also replace Simco64_Lder.exe and files in \CandC\ folder

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 1:15 PM, FS++ said:

Somehow broke some time ago.

Redownload patch and just replace "mce.exe" V3.0.6.7

Should work now.

If using MSFS, also replace Simco64_Lder.exe and files in \CandC\ folder

The voice command set takeoff flaps works now, however in a script it does not. Is this the intended way for it to work?

Otherwise thank you for your continued work.

Balint Szarka

On 2/1/2024 at 6:34 PM, Balint Szarka said:

The voice command set takeoff flaps works now, however in a script it does not. Is this the intended way for it to work?

Otherwise thank you for your continued work.

Seems to be related to speech engine not handling the submitted MCE grammar for this particular command. Try "select takeoff flaps". I have it working.

The other command should work too but will require revised files in \CandC\ folder.. 

Speech grammar will be revised to allow even more speech variations like "set planned takeoff flaps", "set the flaps for takeoff", etc....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

Seems to be related to speech engine not handling the submitted MCE grammar for this particular command. Try "select takeoff flaps". I have it working.

The other command should work too but will require revised files in \CandC\ folder.. 

Speech grammar will be revised to allow even more speech variations like "set planned takeoff flaps", "set the flaps for takeoff", etc....

I have just tried with select takeoff flaps in my script and it didn’t do anything with the flaps…

Balint Szarka

6 hours ago, Balint Szarka said:

I have just tried with select takeoff flaps in my script and it didn’t do anything with the flaps…

Strange...

I assume you replaced all files from the path and that the speech command is written in all lowercase as "select takeoff flaps", not "Select takeoff flaps".

This can happen when you add commands in Notepad. The MCE UI always enforces lower case characters

1 minute ago, FS++ said:

Strange...

I assume you replaced all files from the path and that the speech command is written in all lowercase as "select takeoff flaps", not "Select takeoff flaps".

This can happen when you add commands in Notepad. The MCE UI always enforces lower case characters

I believe so, but to be sure I will replace them again and see if it works.

Yes all characters are lower case. I do use Notepad++ to edit the scripts but I am aware of the drawbacks of doing so (causing to insert extra lines, and having to be careful of writing everything in lower case)

Edited by Balint Szarka

Balint Szarka

31 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Strange...

I have just replaced all the provided files but the FO still doesn’t automatically set the takeoff flaps when assigned in the script.

When I test it via the GUI, he says “setting takeoff flaps, confirm flaps 5” - I do answer yes but nothing happens either.

Not like my aim would be to announce set takeoff flaps, I would rather want him to do it automatically when I say before taxi procedure, which for the moment doesn’t seem to work, for me at least…

Balint Szarka

On 2/3/2024 at 11:22 PM, Balint Szarka said:

I have just replaced all the provided files but the FO still doesn’t automatically set the takeoff flaps when assigned in the script.

When I test it via the GUI, he says “setting takeoff flaps, confirm flaps 5” - I do answer yes but nothing happens either.

Not like my aim would be to announce set takeoff flaps, I would rather want him to do it automatically when I say before taxi procedure, which for the moment doesn’t seem to work, for me at least…

Perhaps the issue is with CS 757. Try it with some other P3D plane.

I only checked with PMDG 737 and FENIX A320.

On 2/3/2024 at 11:22 PM, Balint Szarka said:

Try latest patch

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work neither in the 757, nor in the 767. I tried writing set takeoff flaps or select takeoff flaps as a script. None of them seem to work, except the voice command. That works.

Balint Szarka