Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Landing gear "thunk"?

This is a "sound" concern.  I would like to know if there's any way to amplify the "thunk" of the landing gear on airliners when employing or retracting them.  I love that sound of realism.  I haven't found that sound in P3d on any of the airliners I fly.  Oh, yes...you can hear gear deployment, but it doesn't have that distinct THUNK that I'm looking for.

If there is a way to change it in the config or sound folder or if there is a separate Sound Download somewhere where you have heard it, I would appreciate your input on this.

Stan

A2A AccuFeel might do this for you.

2 hours ago, newtie said:

A2A AccuFeel might do this for you.

I do have AccuFeel.  I'll explore that.

I checked.  There's nothing in AccuFeel that can do what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Edited by spilok

You'll likely have to identify the sound for the gear.

Once you've got the correct sound you can modify it in a tool like Audacity (free sound managment tool).

It's what I did to build the addon immersive sound set for the C208B here.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

8 hours ago, spilok said:

This is a "sound" concern.  I would like to know if there's any way to amplify the "thunk" of the landing gear on airliners when employing or retracting them.  I love that sound of realism.  I haven't found that sound in P3d on any of the airliners I fly.  Oh, yes...you can hear gear deployment, but it doesn't have that distinct THUNK that I'm looking for.

If there is a way to change it in the config or sound folder or if there is a separate Sound Download somewhere where you have heard it, I would appreciate your input on this.

Stan

If you have the FSLabs A320, you will certainly have heard a large thunk when the gear is extended.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Rogen said:

You'll likely have to identify the sound for the gear.

Once you've got the correct sound you can modify it in a tool like Audacity (free sound managment tool).

It's what I did to build the addon immersive sound set for the C208B here.

Cheers

I downloaded Audacity yesterday; now I just have to learn how to use it for this specific purpose.  I think it just might work, however.

Thanks for the tip.

Stan