Sign in to follow this  
shermank

FREEMESH

Some time ago, I deleted all my freemesh files to free up some disk space. However, I now am thinking I would like to use it again in P3D v5.4. However I have googled for a place to download. The thread on AVSIM provides a link to the torrent app, but I am not sure that it connects to anywhere to reach the files for download. In short, where can I find the Free Mesh collection? Thanks.

Sherm

1 hour ago, shermank said:

Some time ago, I deleted all my freemesh files to free up some disk space. However, I now am thinking I would like to use it again in P3D v5.4. However I have googled for a place to download. The thread on AVSIM provides a link to the torrent app, but I am not sure that it connects to anywhere to reach the files for download. In short, where can I find the Free Mesh collection? Thanks.

Sherm

Let me Google that for you......Just one sec.............

Any use?

• Like 1

Thanks Sparkrite, I found that a couple of days ago, but was looking for the original dl site...which I guess is now dead. So, I will have to go with simviation

Sherm

23 hours ago, shermank said:

Sherm

Sherm,

Did u try this link from Daniel Moser- He's the Freemesh developer. This site seems to be active, but it is a torrent from the original developer.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dp3jea2njub01/FreeMeshX_Global_2.0

Alteratively why dont you PM the developer directly from Avsim. @AviatorMoser

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

53 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

Sherm,

Did u try this link from Daniel Moser- He's the Freemesh developer. This site seems to be active, but it is a torrent from the original developer.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dp3jea2njub01/FreeMeshX_Global_2.0

Alteratively why dont you PM the developer directly from Avsim. @AviatorMoser

Thanks, I downloaded the torrent last week, but saw no way to use it. Yesterday I bought a one month subscription to sinviation and downloaded the package from there. Installed this morning looks great.

BTW, I am not using the africa or South American folders because I have the ones from ORBX. I also reinstalled ORBX vector because some reading suggests that while it has no value for P3D 5 vanilla, it does work well with freemesh. So far, so good...just completed a flight to Sedona, with payware orbx scenery...fabulous...

I also put the freemesh on a small external ssd...good performance.

Thanks for your help.

Sherm

2 minutes ago, shermank said:

Thanks, I downloaded the torrent last week, but saw no way to use it. Yesterday I bought a one month subscription to sinviation and downloaded the package from there. Installed this morning looks great.

BTW, I am not using the africa or South American folders because I have the ones from ORBX. I also reinstalled ORBX vector because some reading suggests that while it has no value for P3D 5 vanilla, it does work well with freemesh. So far, so good...just completed a flight to Sedona, with payware orbx scenery...fabulous...

I also put the freemesh on a small external ssd...good performance.

Thanks for your help.

Sherm

Glad you found the files.

Do you see a noticeable difference with Freemesh in the USA?

I have the files and was using it with v4 but never bothered with installing it once I swapped to a new PC with v5 installed. I thought with v5 the LOD was very similar between default v5 and Freemesh.

If you have some observations to share, I would be interested.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, 787flyer said:

Glad you found the files.

Do you see a noticeable difference with Freemesh in the USA?

I have the files and was using it with v4 but never bothered with installing it once I swapped to a new PC with v5 installed. I thought with v5 the LOD was very similar between default v5 and Freemesh.

If you have some observations to share, I would be interested.

Hi 787,

I am satisfied with the freemesh installation. As noted above I flew across North Central Az to KSEZ.  I cannot give you a comparison because I do not have relevant pre freemesh screen shots of the area where I flew. But, the installation went smoothly. I use Lorby's Add On Organizer and as recommended, the freemesh is at the very top of the list, with Patch before any of the other folders.

In short, I think freemesh is well worth any time and effort, as well as disk space.

Sherm

• Like 1

Finally, found the time to take a screen shot and now will post...as noted above...over  North Central AZ with Free Mesh installed. Other effects include AS with ASCA, ENVTEX and ENDVSHADE

Sherm

spacer.pngspacer.png