Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

Just Coming Back To MSFS

I gave it up for a while.  I got into a couple other pastimes, enjoyed other games and sims, and when you don't practice your flying very much it seems to freak you out a little about jumping back in.

I have to say, I haven't flown anything since probably February of last year and HOLY word not allowed!  The sim looks, runs, and performs so much better!  

I took a little while to sit down with my favorite youtube channels to brush up on what I forgot and absolutely GREASED a landing into Vancouver (CYVR) with all the settings maxed and hitting over 100 FPS the whole time. 

It's an absolute joy. I forgot how calming and rewarding this pastime is. Great job to ASOBO.  Great job to Fenix. Man I'm happy! 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Welp...  

Not well.  I'm pretty sure most people would have survived, but...  

Lol..  I have more practice to do.   I seem to remember if you have the KPDX after market airport installed, the ILS glideslopes get a little... mmm bad. 

That's what I'm going with though!  I had a lot of fun tonight regardless if 150 or so people have at minimum concussions or at worst not alive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JughedJones said:

I took a little while to sit down with my favorite youtube channels to brush up on what I forgot and absolutely GREASED a landing into Vancouver (CYVR) with all the settings maxed and hitting over 100 FPS the whole time.

I assume you are using frame generation?  Imagine getting over 100 FPS in a flight simulator back in the day with all the add-ons loaded in, but this is possible with MSFS now at the level of graphics we are getting in MSFS 😁.

You may get even better FPS with SU 15.  Supposedly, Working Title has optimized the glass cockpit avionics to eek out a few more frames. Supposedly, the optimization that Working Title did with glass cockpit avionics should reduce stuttering at larger airports, and make the FPS smoother.  I guess we will see when SU 15 is released.

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

You may get even better FPS with SU 15.  Supposedly, Working Title has optimized the glass cockpit avionics to eek out a few more frames. Supposedly, the optimization that Working Title did with glass cockpit avionics should reduce stuttering at larger airports, and make the FPS smoother.  I guess we will see when SU 15 is released.

In addition to glass instruments optimizations by WT (which will help with aircraft like the 787/747/etc), Asobo have also optimized core sim memory usage in SU15 to the tune 100x-200x improvements which then translates to few FPS increase and more importantly smoothness and ridding of intermittent stutters apparently.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD