Sign in to follow this  
Butch1

Animated flags in SODE

One of the three animated flags in a freeware airport will disappear (pole and flag) if any winds are dialed in. If the winds are removed, then the flag and pole will reappear.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This also happens in P3D V4.5 - I am using the latest version of SODE. (V1.8) A friend of mine created this airport and know of this issue and for now doesn't have any clues as to how

to fix the issue. He does state that he doesn't have this issue in his V4.5 -  Any help on this is appreciated.

Edited by Butch1

Which KPLN scenery is it ?

Do you have a download link for it ? (given it is freeware)

Just thinking out loud there is probably some sort of attribute applied to the flag.

Potentially the airport could be loaded into ADE and reviewed.

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Here is the link

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8kled0tyxw9n499/KPLN+Pellston+Airport+MI+V3.zip/file

Here is the post at SOH where you will see all the present and past developments made by the author

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/134260-KPLN-Pellston-MI

Look in post #47 for latest version of his KPLN

At Simouthouse

Make sure you download his latest version in post #47 and not anything before that as he has made a lot of corrections and updates since his first link to release.

Edited by Butch1

I still cannot get SODE working properly.  I've deleted it from ORBX, installed version 17...didn't work.  I installed version 18, still didn't work.  I deleted 17 and 18 and turned on ORBX, but still no movement of the jetways.  I'm at a loss for getting SODE to work in the sim.  It used to work, but recently, it's been dead. I wish I knew the proper formula for getting SODE to work in P3dv5.

Stan

Edited by spilok

1 hour ago, Butch1 said:

That link doesn't contain any SODE items.

Is there something more complete ?

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

Try here

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jdcfluehio7ymke/KPLN_P3D_Complete.zip/file

He had made some updates in his posts with links to them.

As far as I can tell the SODE is contained in above link.

The zip has SODE data that should be all you need for the first link (scenery) I sent you.

I contacted the author and asked if the SODE link I sent you would be latest and complete.

Edited by Butch1

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I still cannot get SODE working properly.  I've deleted it from ORBX, installed version 17...didn't work.  I installed version 18, still didn't work.  I deleted 17 and 18 and turned on ORBX, but still no movement of the jetways.  I'm at a loss for getting SODE to work in the sim.  It used to work, but recently, it's been dead. I wish I knew the proper formula for getting SODE to work in P3dv5.

Stan

SODE is dependent on SimConnect.

Are all the simconnect.msi installed ?

I'd expect to see the below.

spacer.png

Additonally all the various airports supporting SODE will have SODE components and control xml to be installed.

If it's working you'll have a menu item with several SODE commands available including a test option.

Note that SODE is activated in P3D via an addon xml file.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, Rogen said:

spacer.png

Additonally all the various airports supporting SODE will have SODE components and control xml to be installed.

If it's working you'll have a menu item with several SODE commands available including a test option.

Cheers

That much I eventually learned. Thanks.

Edited by Butch1

1 minute ago, Butch1 said:

Ok, that has SODE components, but is still incomplete.

e.g. the Windsock is missing poles for example the windsock calls "CB_Pole_GY_LM" which doesn't exist like in the xml cut below.

<!-- Objects placing -->
    <SimObject Name="Windsock_Pole">
        <Placement Lat="45.568872" Lon="-84.802000" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="0.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="CB_Pole_GY_LM">
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

The sim.cfg for the Windsock models defines the below which are missing.

[fltsim.6]
title=CB_Pole_GY
model=cb_gray_pole

[fltsim.7]
title=CB_Pole_GY_LM
model=cb_gray_pole_lm

There are other issues as well like poles missing from lights around the airport.

If you or your mate don't have these issues it's likely while the local install has the bits and pieces, they have not been added to the distribution archive.

Cheers

Thank you for helping Butch.  Can't explain why the poles are missing from the lights at the airport because they are part of the model in ModelConverter and the texture is in the texture folder. Even though they have been converted to native P3DV4.4 bgl so I just figure they are just not compatible only an FSX item and removed them from the parking lot which is all they were there for.  Also, the gray pole is a moot point because the windsock has been replaced with a new one with the pole mdl and the windsock mdl in the simobject folder in the latest and last download I am providing from a photo I discovered at the real airport.

1 hour ago, tgycgijoes said:

Thank you for helping Butch.  Can't explain why the poles are missing from the lights at the airport because they are part of the model in ModelConverter and the texture is in the texture folder. Even though they have been converted to native P3DV4.4 bgl so I just figure they are just not compatible only an FSX item and removed them from the parking lot which is all they were there for.  Also, the gray pole is a moot point because the windsock has been replaced with a new one with the pole mdl and the windsock mdl in the simobject folder in the latest and last download I am providing from a photo I discovered at the real airport.

Sure, nice airport.

I've found both the P3D logging to be helpful in developement and troubleshooting various P3D issues, with SODE logging helpful for this particular problem.

I reworked the SODE stuff, basically renamed the folders and edited the config files, more about consistency for troubleshooting, like below.

SimObjects\
SODE_KPLN_EC_FLAG
SODE_KPLN_EC_FLAG_STILL
SODE_KPLN_MI_FLAG
SODE_KPLN_MI_FLAG_STILL
SODE_KPLN_US_FLAG
SODE_KPLN_US_FLAG_STILL
SODE_KPLN_WINDSOCK

Then edited and resaved the various sim.cfg and the control xml files, again it was more about consistency for troubleshooting.

All seems good for the flags, I can email you a zip of the SODE files if you like (PM me with your email address).

Cheers

Flags no wind - I've also repositioned them.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Flags flapping in the breeze, note the far lodge flag is also flapping.

Edited by Rogen
spelling

1 hour ago, Rogen said:

spacer.png

Cheers

I don't see SimConnect in my programs.  Somehow it got deleted, I suppose.  Where can I get it?

Stan

2 minutes ago, spilok said:

I don't see SimConnect in my programs.  Somehow it got deleted, I suppose.  Where can I get it?

Hi Stan,

Simconnect msi installers can be found in the path below,

~\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\
where ~\ indicates the path you've chosen to install P3D.

e.g. for mine it's "H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\"

Each msi installer will be located within a "lib" folder for each version of simconnect.

Cheers

I also fixed the SODE windsocks, overall it'll be a nice little airport once @tgycgijoes finishes.

Fixed windsocks, there are 5 around the airport, they work well too, very fluid.

A pic of the airport main buildings.

Full layout

So many trees

Cheers

10 hours ago, Rogen said:

Sure, nice airport.

I've found both the P3D logging to be helpful in developement and troubleshooting various P3D issues, with SODE logging helpful for this particular problem.

I reworked the SODE stuff, basically renamed the folders and edited the config files, more about consistency for troubleshooting, like below.

SimObjects\
SODE_KPLN_EC_FLAG
SODE_KPLN_EC_FLAG_STILL
SODE_KPLN_MI_FLAG
SODE_KPLN_MI_FLAG_STILL
SODE_KPLN_US_FLAG
SODE_KPLN_US_FLAG_STILL
SODE_KPLN_WINDSOCK

Then edited and resaved the various sim.cfg and the control xml files, again it was more about consistency for troubleshooting.

All seems good for the flags, I can email you a zip of the SODE files if you like (PM me with your email address).

Cheers

Flags no wind - I've also repositioned them.

Flags flapping in the breeze, note the far lodge flag is also flapping.

I sent you a PM - thanks. Let me know if you got it ok.

Edited by Butch1