Sign in to follow this  
fbass

FSX Acceleraton and 'missing' AI

I asked this question in the Ultimate Traffic yesterday but so have received no response.I know that AI aircraft don't show up with FSX Acceleration, but I am slightly puzzled by the fact that everyone points at the fact that they are old models etc.I just did an experiment with a handful of AI aircraft and got them to show quite happily so I'd appreciate any words of wisdom about this.What I did was to add a panel folder to my AI aircraft then selected it as my user aircraft - this previously 'invisible' AI aircraft now appears quite readily at my UK2000 airport. So what difference does the traffic.bgl file have on the model that makes it noy show up?Thanks - Any suggestions gratefully received before I uninstall Acceleration.

Guest roddymod

>I asked this question in the Ultimate Traffic yesterday but>so have received no response.>>I know that AI aircraft don't show up with FSX Acceleration,>but I am slightly puzzled by the fact that everyone points at>the fact that they are old models etc.>>I just did an experiment with a handful of AI aircraft and got>them to show quite happily so I'd appreciate any words of>wisdom about this.>>What I did was to add a panel folder to my AI aircraft then>selected it as my user aircraft - this previously 'invisible'>AI aircraft now appears quite readily at my UK2000 airport. >So what difference does the traffic.bgl file have on the model>that makes it noy show up?>>Thanks - Any suggestions gratefully received before I>uninstall Acceleration.>Interesting find Graham.Another wierd thing about non-default ai and Acceleration is the fact that the ai aircraft do show up at night, it is only during daylight that they are invisible.Rod.

Ooer - curiouser and curioser. Thanks for that Rod.I also noticed that all of my AI are present at dawn and dusk as well as night.

Very interesting. A quick question... although the AI isn't visible in the daytime is it enabled in ATC? Dusk/night only? Not at all?Jon

Gentlemen,See the post titled - Warning: Scenery Packages and AI. This thread will explain it all.fb