Hi:

I need some help please with my flight sim set-up.  I have 3 monitors arranged in an upside down tri angle configuration.  I use the two upper monitors for navigraph, browsing the net, etc., while the main lower monitor is for the sim.

I'm running into an issue though when using the keyboard and mouse  Sometimes, when I type in the browser or mouse click on something on the upper monitors, the sim will take it as a command.

For example, sometimes I'll move my mouse to open a new tab on my browser but the sun visor in the cockpit will come down.  Or sometimes when I'm typing on my key board, the key command associated with number or letter will do something in cockpit.  How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks! 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Using windowed mode should help you unfocus the sim window, if you hate the title bar, maybe borderless window.

Both P3D and XP should not recognize key input if unfocused, not sure on MSFS then.

On 2/27/2024 at 8:22 PM, C2615 said:

Using windowed mode should help you unfocus the sim window, if you hate the title bar, maybe borderless window.

Both P3D and XP should not recognize key input if unfocused, not sure on MSFS then.

Thanks for that tip.  But I do run in "window" mode.  So as I'm typing this, the window box around the sim is greyed out.  However, when I use the letter "t" on the keyboard, the sim zoomed in.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home