Sign in to follow this  
dyl55

Neofly payload

Hi, 

Can anybody explain how the payload works in neofly ? 

Tried to do a flight with the tbm930, only have a quarter of the fuel and i can only take a mission to transport 1 pax (and luggage i guess cause it requiered 452lb )

Shouldnt i be able to transport more good or pax with more fuel ? 

Thanks 

You have to consider the max cargo weight allowable for the plane, add the fuel weight required for the distance you are flying.  Add those to the empty weight of the plane, which will give you the ramp weight.  Those 3 factors must be under the max ramp weight. 

Where did you take the fuel value (a quarter) from, MSFS or NeoFly?
You can refuel your aircraft in Neofly to 100% while you still have 25% fuel loaded in MSFS.

Taken directly from the Neofly database (which should match the values in MSFS):

Empty weight = 4569 lbs (weight of aircraft)
Max fuel = 2016 lbs
Max takeoff weight = 7394
Max Payload = 1463lbs

Basically, with a quarter of the fuel (0/25x1463=504lbs you should be able to carry 7394-4569-504 = 2276 lbs of passengers or cargo.
You'll have to subtract the weight of the pilot (Neofly thinks I am 170lbs) so you will end up with 2106 lbs.
There is also a Max Payload limit for the aircraft which means you should be able to carry only 1463 lbs.

But If you have fueled your aircraft in NeoFly to 100% that means you can only carry 7394-4569-2016-170 = 639 lbs.

You can switch Fuel Sync on in the settings so NeoFly tries to sync its own fuel load to MSFS. That works most of the time but some third party aircraft with complex (and externally modelled) fuel systems don't like that.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

7 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Where did you take the fuel value (a quarter) from, MSFS or NeoFly?
You can refuel your aircraft in Neofly to 100% while you still have 25% fuel loaded in MSFS.

Taken directly from the Neofly database (which should match the values in MSFS):

Empty weight = 4569 lbs (weight of aircraft)
Max fuel = 2016 lbs
Max takeoff weight = 7394
Max Payload = 1463lbs

Basically, with a quarter of the fuel (0/25x1463=504lbs you should be able to carry 7394-4569-504 = 2276 lbs of passengers or cargo.
You'll have to subtract the weight of the pilot (Neofly thinks I am 170lbs) so you will end up with 2106 lbs.
There is also a Max Payload limit for the aircraft which means you should be able to carry only 1463 lbs.

But If you have fueled your aircraft in NeoFly to 100% that means you can only carry 7394-4569-2016-170 = 639 lbs.

You can switch Fuel Sync on in the settings so NeoFly tries to sync its own fuel load to MSFS. That works most of the time but some third party aircraft with complex (and externally modelled) fuel systems don't like that.

Thanks for the answer, that's also how my calculation end up, and dont understand why neofly only let me take 453lb of payload with only 500 of fuel

I'll try again tonight and do some screenshot 

I believe you didn't slide the "Dist. max", "Weight" and "Pax" slider all the way to the right? It's a kind of a filter for the offered jobs, but you don't have to look for the numbers; just slide it to the right and Neofly will take into account the plane's possibilities. Sometimes the previous plane's numbers remain and thus...

7 hours ago, dyl55 said:

Thanks for the answer, that's also how my calculation end up, and dont understand why neofly only let me take 453lb of payload with only 500 of fuel

I'll try again tonight and do some screenshot 

A screenshot might help. Especially the fuel load in the hangar and the remaining capacity in the mission screen.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Sometimes cargo from old missions or trades will get stuck on the plane. When that happens, it lowers your cargo capacity. You have to go remove it before you get your expected cargo capacity back.

2 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

A screenshot might help. Especially the fuel load in the hangar and the remaining capacity in the mission screen.

OK here the screenshot, 

If the calculation is correct i should be able to take 2251Lbs  (7394-4569-404-170) but max payload is 1463Lbs so why am i only able to take 889 ?

nYJK2a7.jpeg

Ttm7Cld.jpeg

Since I did not want to mess with my current career I added a new pilot, doctored the SQL file to have him own A brand new Asobo TBM 930 and gave him the qualification to fly it.
When I add 404 lbs of fuel the aircraft I can carry the max payload of 1461-170=1293 lbs. So there is something fishy in your configuration, perhaps some error has crept into your database.

Perhaps you could check the "aircrafts" table in your local NeoFly database. The file is in your Neofly folder and is called std.bin, and can be read by any SQL reader. I use "DB Browser for SQLite".

It should read this for the TBM 930:

id	name	type	engines	qualification	cruiseSpeedktas	rangenm	emptyWeightlbs	fuelCaplbs	maxPayloadlbs	maxTakeOfflbs	Pax	Cost	msfsVersion	lastUpdate	engineType	wheelsType
24	TBM 930 Asobo	Jet 1	C		330		1730		4569		2016		1463		7394	5	4100001		0	1705084812		1		0

Flightsim rig:

21 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Since I did not want to mess with my current career I added a new pilot, doctored the SQL file to have him own A brand new Asobo TBM 930 and gave him the qualification to fly it.
When I add 404 lbs of fuel the aircraft I can carry the max payload of 1461-170=1293 lbs. So there is something fishy in your configuration, perhaps some error has crept into your database.

Perhaps you could check the "aircrafts" table in your local NeoFly database. The file is in your Neofly folder and is called std.bin, and can be read by any SQL reader. I use "DB Browser for SQLite".

It should read this for the TBM 930:

id	name	type	engines	qualification	cruiseSpeedktas	rangenm	emptyWeightlbs	fuelCaplbs	maxPayloadlbs	maxTakeOfflbs	Pax	Cost	msfsVersion	lastUpdate	engineType	wheelsType
24	TBM 930 Asobo	Jet 1	C		330		1730		4569		2016		1463		7394	5	4100001		0	1705084812		1		0

Thank you so yeah definitely a config problem :) 

i will check asap the table