Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Waypoint FIX INFO in Fenix A320

When flying the approach phase, I insert a ring with with a radius of 10 NM around the arrival rwy for the ND to help with managing speed and altitude.  When I attempted to do this in the Fenix A320, FIX INFO is absent from the arrival runway.  For example I was landing at KFLL rwy 28R and clicked on left LSK for KFLL28R in the flight plan.  I could see FIX INFO for all other waypoints I had tried.

How do I add the ring for the arrival runway ?  Is there a way to have multiple rings ?

zachlog

Click on any waypoint in your Flpn. On the top right is 'FIX Info'. You get presented with an empty page with orange squares at the top left. Fill in your fix 'KFLL28R' and you get the page you need to fill in the runway extension line and a radius a bit further down.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Silicus

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

1 hour ago, zachlog said:

How do I add the ring for the arrival runway ?  Is there a way to have multiple rings ?

Works ok for me. You have up to 4  pages for FIX INFO selections.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by polosim

1 hour ago, Silicus said:

Click on any waypoint in your Flpn. On the top right is 'FIX Info'. You get presented with an empty page with orange squares at the top left. Fill in your fix 'KFLL28R' and you get the page you need to fill in the runway extension line and a radius a bit further down.

Hope this helps.

I did not know that FIX INFO cannot be defined by clicking on a runway's LSK in the flight plan....apparently for purposes of fixes, a runway is not considered a waypoint.  Since fixes can only be defined for waypoints, essentially what happens is a custom waypoint is generated for the runway, which then enables FIX INFO to be defined for the runway (can see the runway as a custom waypoint in DATA/p. 2 > PILOT WAYPOINTS).

Thanks for the help.

zachlog

Got the way how to do it from an A320 (I think Blackbox) pilot on YT. I am still learning everyday as well....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.