Sign in to follow this  
Kbootb

www.axisandohs.com blocked by isp

Just to let you know that www.axisandohs.com is blocked by the anti-virus detection on virgin media, one of the major fibre internet providers in the UK.

Reports possible malware.

This is not the antivirus software on the PC but at the core.

It reports the following if you type the url

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.axisandohs.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Or the following if you click a link to it

We think this site may be fraudulent or contain viruses that could be harmful to your computer, so it's been blocked by your account's Web Safe settings.

Because we care about your safety online, your Virus Safe settings are set to 'ON'.

I have by-passed the ISP procetion and the software on my PC does not see an issue.

Sorry to hear that, but there is nothing that we can do about it. The website is hosted by Weebly, who TMBK are based in the U.S. We are just using the online tools that they provide to create a simple website.

The native URL (=without the domain redirect) is axisandohs.weebly.com

We are currently investigating the option to duplicate the most relevant freeware downloads on flightsim.to.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

42 minutes ago, Kbootb said:

www.axisandohs.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

This hardly sounds like a anti virus issue - it is just an error of some kind. Those seem to happen from time to time.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I'm also on Virgin media in the UK and I'm not having any problems accessing the site.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

4 hours ago, Kbootb said:

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

This can happen because the cached SSL certificate on the client computer does not match the one on the server. Not an uncommon error from shared internet web servers.

@Kbootb, clear the cache on your browser or try another browser. This will likely be all that it takes.

3 hours ago, BrianT said:

I'm also on Virgin media in the UK and I'm not having any problems accessing the site.

I had to log into my Virgin Media account and switch off 'safe surf' and it worked.  Clearly they are running a black list filter. Nothing to do with anythig on my PC.  Also worked fine on sky broadband.

1 hour ago, hs118 said:

This can happen because the cached SSL certificate on the client computer does not match the one on the server. Not an uncommon error from shared internet web servers.

@Kbootb, clear the cache on your browser or try another browser. This will likely be all that it takes.

Thanks, but not that.  The ISP is running a black list filter.  I have logged into my profile and turned off their 'safe search' and it works fine.  I have also reported that the site should not be on the list.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

We are currently investigating the option to duplicate the most relevant freeware downloads on flightsim.to.

That's great. Also reported to them that the site should not be blocked (probably futile, but you've got to try)

2 hours ago, Kbootb said:

That's great. Also reported to them that the site should not be blocked (probably futile, but you've got to try)

This isn't just "a website". It is a paid service, offered by Weebly.com, costing in total around $300 every year for all Lorby sites and domains. The point of using a commercial service is that I don't have to bother with issues like this one. 

At the moment I don't have the means to transfer the site to another provider, but once time and effort are in favor, I will. I can only discourage people from using Weebly - there is no way of contacting them directly, all you get is some kind of AI chat bot. That is not enough for what they charge. Especially since I have to build the web pages myself too.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

21 hours ago, Kbootb said:

I had to log into my Virgin Media account and switch off 'safe surf' and it worked.  Clearly they are running a black list filter. Nothing to do with anythig on my PC.  Also worked fine on sky broadband.

Ah that makes sense, I didn't even know they had that. Checked mine and it was off anyway. Hate all that junk.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png