Sign in to follow this  
Crabby

Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust

For some reason I cannot get this to map correctly in AAO and it is my lone in sim binding.  I use this to emulate the real action of a thrust reverser.  I map it to one of my HC Bravo reverse levers (its a button).  When I activate it on landing, the thrust reverse goes into idle and moving the throttles applies more reverse thrust.  I then come back to idle on the throttle and lower the reverse lever and I am in normal thrust at that time.  Thought? Here is the mapping from MSFSspacer.png

AAL??? Mark "Crabby"  Crabtree

logo_130208.png

In AAO you only get to use the events from the SDK. Those are not related to and cannot be compared with the MSFS controller assignments. What AAO is allowed to do over SimConnect has nothing whatsoever in common with that functionality.
To my best knowledge the SDK events "THROTTLE_REVERSE_THRUST_HOLD" don't work and do nothing.

But I've also never used them. I have a Bravo too (but the setup is the same for all TQs that have a fake button below the bottom of the levers range).

My setup is this

• Key Down Event: THROTTLE1_DECR
  • Key Up Event: THROTTLE1_CUT
  • "Repeat" on and set to "Fast"

This is for engine 1. If there are more engines and levers, add more buttons and use the events that have the correct index for that engine (THROTTLE2_DECR, THROTTLE3_DECR, ...). To operate all engines with one button at the same time, use the events without the index.

LORBY-SI

Funny enough, I tried THROTTLE_REVERSE_THRUST_HOLD again last night and it worked!  No different than when it was assigned in the sim profile.  It worked for every aircraft but the Fenix and I think that is because it is entirely a different animal.  

AAL??? Mark "Crabby"  Crabtree

logo_130208.png

I'm the same as you @Crabby - I had THROTTLE_REVERSE_THRuST_HOLD working for the FENIX and succesfully replicating the MSFS Event HOLD REVERSE THRUST however its stopped working with the lastest version of the Fenix. To get the reversers working in Fenix Block 2 I've had to map internally to MSFS.

Which is annoying, because that has consequences for other aircraft....

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KL Oo said:

I'm the same as you @Crabby - I had THROTTLE_REVERSE_THRuST_HOLD working for the FENIX and succesfully replicating the MSFS Event HOLD REVERSE THRUST however its stopped working with the lastest version of the Fenix. To get the reversers working in Fenix Block 2 I've had to map internally to MSFS.

Which is annoying, because that has consequences for other aircraft....

This is my usual AAO setup for the reversers on engine 1 bound to a button:

• Key Down Event: THROTTLE1_DECR
  • Key Up Event: THROTTLE1_CUT
  • "Repeat" on and set to "Fast"

Use THROTTLE2_, THROTTLE3_, THROTTLE4_ respectively.

For the Fenix I am using the same principle, but instead of the K-Events I had to make scripts:

- Reverser1Down (replaces THROTTLE1_DECR)
(L:A_FC_THROTTLE_LEFT_INPUT,·Number)·0.1·-·0·max·(>L:A_FC_THROTTLE_LEFT_INPUT,·Number)

- Reverser1Up (replaces THROTTLE1_CUT)
2·(>L:A_FC_THROTTLE_LEFT_INPUT,·Number)

Use (L:A_FC_THROTTLE_RIGHT_INPUT, Number) for the other lever.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI