Sign in to follow this  
trevg

beta 1.37.2.0_x64

Just a reminder to always do the update to a beta, with an empty Community folder.   Last beta, I didn't know it was going to be updated and so the update happened with my Community folder full of mods.  I had many issues during the first runs of that beta.  

This time, I read that the beta was out on here first, so removed all mods, updated to the beta and have had zero problems with the beta to date.  No CTDs.  Literally the only "beta-y" thing I've seen so far is that the FSS P2012 doesn't work at all in the beta again.    Everything else is fine.  

When you launch MSFS, it layers the items in your Community folder, straight on top of the files that your mods replace/modify.  If one of those files was also to be updated by the beta, then this will cause a problem, because the item in your Community folder will overwrite (albeit temporarily - while its in the Community folder) the stock file that has been updated by the beta.   In effect, you'll get only a 'part beta' update.

So it's essential to have an empty Community folder, when updating to a beta.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks for reply's, KL 0o, that helped a lot, I never had trouble with betas but this problem was nasty and were not sure if it was the beta or my machine.

Trevor Golding

8 hours ago, btacon said:

Yes, and none since. As for all the SU15 benefits being reported I am enjoying a very smooth and trouble free beta once again (I’ve done most of the open betas).  And most certainly the SC cleanings were needed in my case regardless based upon the noticeable improvement in sim fluidity and smoothness in general and the absence of previous cleanings on my 3,5 year old day one purchase of MSFS 2020.  Again, good luck resolving your issue.

-B

Thanks mate - I'll try clearing the shaders today and take another SU15 Beta flight to see if it makes any difference. The thread on the official forums is getting more and more feedback so hopefully there will be a fix in the next beta update.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs