Sign in to follow this  
michal

Autoland in FSX Boeing 737

Is autoland possible in the default FSX Boeing737?I'm used to PSS big jet autolands, but have unsuccessfullytried in the default FSX 737.Flying in manually, I'm successfully established on theglideslope; glideslope frequency is correct, flaps, etcall ok; gear down; the CMD A button is engaged; flight director on;auto-throttle set to 150 kts. I don't know whether the switchshould be on NAV or GPS, (I assume NAV).I engage the APP button & drift off to the left - certainlynot auto-landing.Can it be done in this version?Cheers,Peter Sydney Australiabe on or GPS

Hi Peter,No, not (yet -:) ).But I am perfecting the Autoland function I have developped for the (FS9) Fokker F28 and release those for the default jets in FSX.Especially usefull in heavy wind conditions, where the default FS ApproachHold fails with windspeeds like 25 Knots crosswind component.It will even lineup with the runway heading, flare (and operate ailerons and rudder to compensate drift during the flare), and steer the aircraft over the runway center-line while de-cellerating.In fact, it will automate the whole landing procedure from the moment you are near the localiser interception point.Just need some time to tweak it for all these aircraft before I upload it.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Thanks Michal & Rob,It's years since I tried an autoland in a default.This info might interest newcomers.I'll look out for your download Rob. Sounds excellent!I find the default 737 not a bad little plane, while I waitfor the big purchase FSX airlines to be released.I find the landings with the red squares a bit of eyestrain & your programming will be an excellentaddition for those who are restricted to simplerplanes.Many thanks,Peter Sydney Australia2 Cores Vista Home Premium Sp1 4 gig ram 8800GTS

>strain & your programming will be an excellent>addition for those who are restricted to simpler>planes.Peter,Autloand is a rather advanced function considering what's happening in a real airplane during the autoland sequence. I would risk saying it is fundamentally incompatible with a rather poorly rendered autopilot of the "simpler" planes.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg