Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

Simworks PC-12 Glidepath

I noticed there's a Glidepath icon activated on the PFD. Wondering how you can set that and get it to activate. I have indeed set a flight path descent in the GNS 530/430 systems that is active and working. However the GP doesn't seem to reflect this. What are other techniques to activate this (in addition to an ILS approach)?

spacer.png

If the ils was the only thing wrong with this plane. I kick myself in the head for buying it. Waited because of the issues that were reported and still screwed up and bought it. Listen to ALL the YouTubers and fell for it. What a dummy. Should have bought he carenado. Enjoyed it in p3d. 

Chris Chiozza

8 hours ago, cchiozza said:

If the ils was the only thing wrong with this plane. I kick myself in the head for buying it. Waited because of the issues that were reported and still screwed up and bought it. Listen to ALL the YouTubers and fell for it. What a dummy. Should have bought he carenado. Enjoyed it in p3d. 

I'm really frustrated by the SWS PC-12 too (flight handling characteristics at low speed with flaps out = all over the place!).  I honestly expected they'd have tamed it by now, as they did with the Kodak - which also released with very questionable flight dynamics.   It's seems the PC-12 is going nowhere.  It's a particular shame because the plane is so darned good in other areas, like the cockpit textures and modeling and the divine sounds.

But if it's any consolation, even in it's 'flawed beauty' current state, the SWS PC-12 is still better than the Carenado version, IMO!

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

wasn't there some talk about improvements they had (finally) made in the yawing tendencies and power / pfactor?

No idea when the update is going to be though...feels like a long time waiting since purchase for me. Hopefully soon as I think it really will be amazing once they get the controllability issues sorted.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10