Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Bonanza with Bonanza-Turbo Mod Air Speed Difference

Hello,

I'm currently using the Bonanza Turbo V4-1SU6 mod. It is running great, but I noticed a big difference between the digital and analogue airspeed gauges.

As you can see in the picture below, the digital reads about 170 kts while the analogue reads about 130 knots. When I run without the mod, they both read the same.

fpP4j3c.png

I know this mod is no longer supported (and I am not requesting this), but wonder if anyone else has this and found a work around...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Yea Im flying it right now: 156K digi, 120K analogue. Ive never even checked the steam gauge before this. My FIP reads the same as the PFD, regardless of the gauge I bring up, so it seems that standby gauge is faulty. I'll send it to my local avionics repair shop next week. 🙂 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Yep - that issue has been in existence for a long time.  Since everything else about the mod is great and I haven't wanted to bother Rob Young, I've let it be.

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

11 minutes ago, RandallR said:

...I haven't wanted to bother Rob Young, I've let it be...

I hear ya...I feel the same way. Great mod though. I really enjoy it.

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

1 hour ago, Chocorua said:

I'll send it to my local avionics repair shop next week. 🙂 

Thats good! No biggie, I'll live with it too.

4 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

As you can see in the picture below, the digital reads about 170 kts while the analogue reads about 130 knots. When I run without the mod, they both read the same.

Are you sure... I thought I had seen the same issue in the Baron.. and there is nothing in the Rob Young mod that I can find that might cause this..  I'll test it and will report back.

Bert

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

Thats good! No biggie, I'll live with it too.

Can you test this one more time?  The Bonanza is fine on my system, with or without the Rob Young mod. The Baron is broken as you describe.  Would love to know what might be different.. 😉

Bert

3 hours ago, Chocorua said:

Yea Im flying it right now: 156K digi, 120K analogue. Ive never even checked the steam gauge before this. My FIP reads the same as the PFD, regardless of the gauge I bring up, so it seems that standby gauge is faulty. I'll send it to my local avionics repair shop next week. 🙂 

See my last post... are you sure this is the Bonanza, and not the Baron?

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

See my last post... are you sure this is the Bonanza, and not the Baron?

Yes, I only have the standard edition, so the Baron is not available to me. 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

6 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

Yes, I only have the standard edition, so the Baron is not available to me. 

That is interesting... why do you see this in the Bonanza and I do not?  Have you also verified that this is only with the Rob Young Turbo mod active, and not with it disabled?

Bert

Posted (edited)

OK, I am into troubleshooting mode... It is the model folder in the mod that is causing this.  I actually have an SU8 version installed that does not have this folder and does not have the problem... Let me do some more testing and I'll report back.

In the meantime, feel free to try this version instead and let me know if any issues:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dypif635rrdoumy1bbwhr/Bonanza-Turbo-V4-1SU8.zip?rlkey=ehwdaemuodyhmu1g9jvhdqa5t&dl=0

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

17 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

In the meantime, feel free to try this version instead and let me know if any issues:

Downloaded and giving it a try now...

Posted (edited)

Or alternately, you can delete the model folder in the SU6 mod (and rerun the layout generator, or edit the layout.json file to remove the four model/xxx sections).

That model folder has outdated files and is no longer relevant.  Just compare the dates with the Asobo G36 model files, and you will see that they are newer.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

3 hours ago, RandallR said:

Yep - that issue has been in existence for a long time.  Since everything else about the mod is great and I haven't wanted to bother Rob Young, I've let it be.

See my post above..

Bert

4 hours ago, Chocorua said:

I'll send it to my local avionics repair shop next week.

Your repair shop just called.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert