Sign in to follow this  

I bought the Meta Quest 3 about 3 months ago. Due to schedule I haven't been able to use it much in MSFS.  A month or so ago, I got VR to work with MSFS and it was great.  Now when I try and turn on VR in MSFS, I get a message "Initialization of VR failed, Please check that OpenXR is installed on your computer and your headset can use it."   Obviously I am missing something.  Your help is appreciated.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Try downloading Open XR , you might have downloaded  OpenXR Toolkit instead of Open XR . They are 2 different programes

Jason Richards

If I recall this correctly (I only got my Q3 a couple days ago and am still learning) you might be able to fly via the Remote Desktop software from Meta. It will give you an image of your computer's desktop.  Just launch MSFS from there. Then...again...I could be showing just how word not allowed I am of the Meta software. It is quite complicated and seems to need several software apps to run different programs.

I hope this helps and not confuse you.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thanks, I haven't seen good documentation on this process.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)