Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

CTDs Since Last Update

I had gone a LONG time without any crashes (over a year) but now I'm getting occasional CTDs when pausing.  It doesn't happen all of the time, just occasionally when I pause the sim to get coffee, use the restroom, etc.

VERY frustrating - I'll pause a nice flight, then come back a few minutes later to find the sim gone.  Anyone else experiencing this?

• Upvote 1

Randall Rocke

2 hours ago, RandallR said:

I had gone a LONG time without any crashes (over a year) but now I'm getting occasional CTDs when pausing.  It doesn't happen all of the time, just occasionally when I pause the sim to get coffee, use the restroom, etc.

VERY frustrating - I'll pause a nice flight, then come back a few minutes later to find the sim gone.  Anyone else experiencing this?

It’s indeed a known issue with SU 15 Beta.  Indications were it was being caused by Live Traffic injection. I solved my CTD issue early on by turning off live traffic. That was the community recommendation back then. Then with this last update, the developers attempted to address Live Traffic induced CTD with a big revamp of LT inner workings concerning the injection of traffic (see release notes). Since then I turned LT back on and I have not had a CTD since.  Progress or blind luck?  Who knows, but I’ll take it!

Go figure!!!

-B

Obviously there are many possible causes of CTDs and they can be as numerous as the various systems we run.  In my case, I do not inject live traffic and I am not participating in the Beta.

I have upgraded my system substantially and the leap in performance with MSFS has been wonderful (and no crashes).  I continued crash free with my upgraded system until the last update.

Now, crashes are still rare, but the sim has crashed twice on startup (went all the way to the home screen, then crashed about 30s later), then crashed 3 times after pausing (Esc key method),

Randall Rocke

Had to remove the SU15 v2 beta. v1 worked great. The update caused issues so removed the beta(s) altogether....

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Yeah, I’m with you. For years, I rarely had CTD’s. However with this most recent build, I’ve had 3 or 4, which is a lot when you’ve rarely had one since 2020. I thought it was the G3X, because the first few were when I was flying the Cub, but then I had one with the Longitude. I reported it to MS. But, this is why we have beta programs, so I’m not upset. Just hopeful they’ll get it resolved before it’s released. 

33 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Yeah, I’m with you. For years, I rarely had CTD’s. However with this most recent build, I’ve had 3 or 4, which is a lot when you’ve rarely had one since 2020. I thought it was the G3X, because the first few were when I was flying the Cub, but then I had one with the Longitude. I reported it to MS. But, this is why we have beta programs, so I’m not upset. Just hopeful they’ll get it resolved before it’s released. 

Tried to report it also - their reply was to post in the forums! 😞

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I've had two CTDs on Pause today - it's almost getting to where I can't fly!

On the first, Event Viewer indicated that nvwgf2umx.dll was the culprit, so I removed the current driver and did a clean install of the latest.

On the next flight it crashed again on Pause, this time indicating that the culprit was FlightSimulator.exe.

Randall Rocke