Posted (edited)

MCE been running well, then got out of fltsim then when l got back in sat for bit fired up MCE now it wants to install  a9db70emsi.

thanks barry

Edited by Burge
MSFS

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Burge said:

MCE been running well, then got out of fltsim then when l got back in sat for bit fired up MCE now it wants to install  a9db70emsi.

thanks barry

That's "Microsoft Installer" kicking-in when it detects some crucial files part of the installation are missing. It tries to restore them.

Could be that your anti-virus "ate" the files provided by patch causing this.

Go to Windows Control Panel, and repair installation (it will put original exe files).

Then apply the patch.

If more people are affected, then only way is to upload new package that has the latest files.

Edited by FS++

gerald is this right mate

1 Control Panel

2 recovery

3 open sys restore

Posted (edited)

Not at all. I didn't suggest you restore Windows or something like that. You'll never need that with MCE.

I referred to the "repair option part of a program when you un-install some".

In Windowws Control Panel. add-remove programs, select "Multi Crew Experience Ultimate Edition" and remove it. If the Microsoft Installer ofers a "repair" option try it. Or just un-install the app and perform a full install followed by patching.

Before doing that, go to your anti-virus vault to check if "mce.ece" or "Simco64_Ldr.exe" haven't been moved there (and restore them). If they go missing, the Microsoft installer will want to restore them.

Edited by FS++

Posted (edited)

Gerald

Control Panel. add-remove programs "repair". my TTS amy is back ALL GOOD.

Im going to purchase BEYOND ATC,due out soon doing away with PILOT2ATC I hope i can take MCE with me i cannot fly without her.

also PMDG 777-300ER is about to land.

Gerald again you are the man “good on ya” mate

Barry Australia

Edited by Burge
more info

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Burge said:

Gerald

Control Panel. add-remove programs "repair". my TTS amy is back ALL GOOD.

Im going to purchase BEYOND ATC,due out soon doing away with PILOT2ATC I hope i can take MCE with me i cannot fly without her.

also PMDG 777-300ER is about to land.

Gerald again you are the man “good on ya” mate

Barry Australia

I'm not alone in this. Ben, my colleague, does the heavy lifting.

PMDG 777 will be supported and at no cost to existing users (In Ultimate or MSFS editions). We already have it covered in Prepar3D & FSX. Same for upcoming 747 QOTS be.

Edited by FS++

Hi boys

just letting you know  Microsoft Installer pop up again today its a bit of a pain.

anyway i will repair it.

11 hours ago, Burge said:

Hi boys

just letting you know  Microsoft Installer pop up again today its a bit of a pain.

anyway i will repair it.

Should only happen if say "mce.exe" or other crucial files (the installer package knows about) are missing from folder.

Since nobody else reported this, I suspect it's your anti-virus that is deleting those files (especially if it happens AFTER patching with anti-virus looking at files being added manually to C;\Program Files (x86) folderas potential malware(if the file is from unknown origin).

If using Microsoft Defender, look at "History" to see if it hasn't flagged those files.

If it did, please report the "false positive" to Microsoft here as a Home Customer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

The exe files are digitally signed.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Hi mate

yes i am using Microsoft Defender it found a Trogan & remove it

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft flight Simulator\Packages

Defender Removed it - m7e8db05496e61e94_0.dll

no other flags

thanks Boys

Edited by Burge
MSFS

I am using win 10 anti-virus did a heap of scans everything seem to be in order

13 hours ago, Burge said:

Hi mate

yes i am using Microsoft Defender it found a Trogan & remove it

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft flight Simulator\Packages

Defender Removed it - m7e8db05496e61e94_0.dll

We don't add anything in Packages folder.

That dll very likely belongs to some other add-on.

If it's payware, chances are it has protection built-in which sometimes AV detects as potential malware. Especially with that kind of seemingly random name.

If it's one of those freeware packages you find on the Net that put it there, just remember if it's free, YOU are the product.

There is big temptation for freeware devs to throw something at you, then invite any organization that wishes to engage in data mining (in exchange for money) and let them do their thing on your system. That's where you have to be careful, especially when the file isn't certified as coming from a verified developer (unknown origin). You won't know what hit you.

I assume the MCE installer is no longer kicking in now.