Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Help with rudder sensitivity

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I am using the Thrustmaster racing pedals in combined mode , I know this is not the right way as rudder pedals , but rudder pedals are expensive.

I need help with the rudder sensitivity settings, I am unable to understand how to make it less sensitive, the sensitivity is too sharp causing weird yawing moments on both fixed and helis.

Edited by Humpty
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Posted (edited)

I would start by setting a null zone, clicking in the "add point" next to the first graph point in the list, and then drag it down to Y=0 and X=4 or more depending on how your hardware is (spikes and the like)...

Then you want a concave curve instead of a straight line, so, drag the mid point (50%) down to around 20% on the Y response axis to make it shallower.

I don't have XP12 here, otherwise I would show it to you.

Check this vid by a bald guy like me:

Fine Tuning Flight Controls in X-plane 12 (youtube.com)

Bald guys soften it better and that's why gals prefer balds !!!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks Jose. 

Going to try it now 

Jose could you please post a screenshot of yours please! Thanks!

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

1 hour ago, h2egc said:

Jose could you please post a screenshot of yours please! Thanks!

Very away from sim PC until next week 😞

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

No biggie!

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

But Humpty should probably try it and could also post it here?

Main Simulation Rig:

I'll just try your suggestion, thanks!

"It's ALL about Flying"

hello,

From what I understand you can add break points using "Alt+ right mouse click" , not sure what it would be for a mac in case you are using one.

I haven't yet figured out the right curvature , will post when I done

Maybe you start from here 

Robinson-R22-Beta-II-2024-03-26-21-18-24

I'ts little better but still far from comfortable.

to add break points use ALT + right mouse and to remove them CTRL + right mouse.

Basically the more curves will slow down the respone time, and the break points is like a temp brake.

Still need to adjut. The problem is I can't see the pedals during adjustment and have to go with spikes on the graph 

Thanks Humpty, wish there was an easier way to adjust, I've tried a few different things but nothing working to my liking yet.

Going blind stinks, more work going back & forth.

"It's ALL about Flying"

Apart from the use of a "deadzone" like in the graph example posted by Zulfi above, which I actually set like 0.04 - 0.00, I jst set an other intermediate point at 0.50 - 0.25

I would think this is better in my case because I have rudder pedals, while Humpty is using a TM Racing Pedals.

Humpty's response will result on rather abrupt response after the course of the pedal reaches around 24% of the total course, which in my case would create huge yawing moments.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

I got my rudders pedals tamed much better than before (thanks for the tip), however I just ordered new pedals so going to have to do it over again most likely.

I followed your suggestion and then added points at X to 0.05, 0.20, 0.30, 0.40 & 0.50.  0.50 y to 0.50 Made a nice curve to 0.40 no higher than 0.20y.

Wish I could just drop a photo.

"It's ALL about Flying"

What you do is during the curve settings press "SHIFT + Spacebar" this will store a screenshot in the XP12/Output/Screenshot folder, from there just upload to postimages org and then paste the DIrect Link here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link Humpyt! Here's what works for me right now.

spacer.png

• Like 1

"It's ALL about Flying"