Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Using FSLTL and FSHUD...?

Posted (edited)

I have installed FSLTL aircraft models through the FBW installer and I have FSHUD, but in order to see the models I always have to start the FSLTL script/batch...

FSHUD then controls my aircraft as well as those being injected by FSLTL, but I would like to have FSHUD as the injector. How can I get it working that way?

If I don't start the FSLTL script then the FSHUD-injected liveries are the default ASOBO ones 😕...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Posted (edited)

FSHUD is as the injector (Control all the traffic). FSLTL just inject all the Aircraft (Models)

Edited by rutrA
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

55 minutes ago, rutrA said:

FSHUD is as the injector (Control all the traffic). FSLTL just inject all the Aircraft (Models)

Ok, thanks, so even when the FSLTL script is started it is still FSHUD injecting the traffic.

Because I see an option in FSHUD -External, and it's ticked.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

If you see aircraft present in the FSHud list of flights menu, I forget the icon, I think it is an aircraft, then it is controlling your traffic.  This for me is the whole point of it.  Although its performance isn't great and I cannot have a huge amount of aircraft flying, I get very few go arounds or conflicts.  

• Like 1

So, FSLTL is an injector itself with built in models. It will place traffic where it should be at your departure, arrival and enroute. It also has configurable settings. Even if you ran FSLTL without FSHUD, it will place the traffic. FSHUD is an ATC program. It will give you it's own ATC for your flights and will control AI aircraft regardless from where they are injected. FSHUD can be configured to use MSFS's models/traffic or an external program such as FSLTL. The best way to run the two is to set FSHUD to user external(FSLTL), turn the MSFS internal live traffic and models off and configure FSLTL to a setting that your computer can handle. There is a good video on the FSLTL site for configuring FSLTL with best traffic and minimal impact. You will now have to start FSHUD first and then FSLTL. FSLTL will see FSHUD and interrogate the settings/loaded flight and load in the traffic. I use them both myself and it works perfectly. But yes, you will have to run them both.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

First start FSHud and then start FSLTL. In the DOS-like window of FSLTL you will see if it detected FSHud or not. If not, it will proceed in FSLTL mode (and FSHud won't be able to do its thing). So make sure you see FSHud being mentioned in that popup window.

The confusing part (for me) is that FSLTL has specific FSHud settings for traffic (which you can set once it detects FSHud) but FSHud itself also has traffic settings... I never really understood what takes care of what...

Edited by tup61

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, G550flyer said:

FSHUD is an ATC program. It will give you it's own ATC for your flights and will control AI aircraft regardless from where they are injected.

I don't think this is correct. AFAIK FSHud injects traffic itself and controls it by using FSLTL models, They both do work together somehow but FSHud does NOT simply control what FSLTL is injecting. FSHud does its own thing. There is a clear difference in traffic (specially the amount) if you only use FSLTL or if you let FSHud do the injecting.

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I don't think this is correct. AFAIK FSHud injects traffic itself and controls it by using FSLTL models, They both do work together somehow but FSHud does NOT simply control what FSLTL is injecting. FSHud does its own thing. There is a clear difference in traffic (specially the amount) if you only use FSLTL or if you let FSHud do the injecting.

I think you are miss understanding, at least from my perspective. When properly configured, FSHUD controls everything. This is why FSHUD gives you a major performance hit when there is a lot of traffic because it is calculating and control each injected traffic. The ideal configuration for full control is to turn traffic off in MSFS settings. This keeps the sim from putting in any uncontrolled traffic. You then set FSHUD to utilize external injectors. Through the API, FSHUD will control/manage what's being injected. It's not looking at a database and injecting the traffic, it is controlling what the external injector is doing. This is why FSLTL will wait for FSHUD to load a flight and hand off it's injections to it. FSHUD has performance hitting settings in it, but FSLTL gives more fidelity on what, when and where other items can be loaded such as populating airports or airspace on a non interference bases. This configuration gives FSHUD the ability to stop traffic taxiing in your way or vice versa by stopping you. If there is a unsolvable conflict, FSHUD deletes the traffic. It also minimizes go arounds because it's managing the traffic. It's actually the big advantage FSHUD has over others until beyond ATC comes online looking to control traffic as well. In simple thoughts, when configured properly, injectors create traffic and hand them off to FSHUD for management through API.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, G550flyer said:

So, FSLTL is an injector itself with built in models. It will place traffic where it should be at your departure, arrival and enroute. It also has configurable settings. Even if you ran FSLTL without FSHUD, it will place the traffic. FSHUD is an ATC program. It will give you it's own ATC for your flights and will control AI aircraft regardless from where they are injected. FSHUD can be configured to use MSFS's models/traffic or an external program such as FSLTL. The best way to run the two is to set FSHUD to user external(FSLTL), turn the MSFS internal live traffic and models off and configure FSLTL to a setting that your computer can handle. There is a good video on the FSLTL site for configuring FSLTL with best traffic and minimal impact. You will now have to start FSHUD first and then FSLTL. FSLTL will see FSHUD and interrogate the settings/loaded flight and load in the traffic. I use them both myself and it works perfectly. But yes, you will have to run them both.

Indeed, and that's actually the way I am running it too.

Before I was running FSHUD only, and it injected it's own traffic. My "problem" is that I don't recall how to disable FSHUD's own traffic injection so that it doesn't conflict with the traffic injected by FSLTL ?

There's a settings in the FSHUD UI where "External" is ticked in my case. I believe this is OK and ready for FSLTL to interrogate, as you explain above, for then injecting the aircraft at the airport and enroute, but:

- is it possible to have only FSLTL work for the aircraft models and liveries and leave injection for FSHUD ?

Anyway, my experience since I started using both this week for the very first time was rather positive until yesterday I had some weird conflicts, like FSHUD clearing both me and an AI Easyjet to bactrack and then takeoff from LPPR rw 17 😕

Also on arrival to LPPT another aircraft was vectored for final at the same time I was, and both of us authorized to land 😕

This had happened before with FSHUD standalone, so it's probably a bug in FSHUD, probably fixed with the upcoming 1.3 already in testing ...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, jcomm said:

- is it possible to have only FSLTL work for the aircraft models and liveries and leave injection for FSHUD ?

Yes, seems you have set properly, but don't forget to set the MSFS UI traffic setting to off. When you load to an airport, it and the skies should be empty if you have turned it all off. Ground aircraft and traffic all off. FSHUD should only have external selected. Now, when you load FSLTL while FSHUD is already running, you should only get FSLTL models. Also, make sure you configure these items when FSLTL asks if you want to configure by answering Y. By the way, FSHUD is still not perfect at the moment, but they are working through some issues. If you configure as discussed, those issues should be minimized, but will still happen based on the traffic load you have. I don't see that issue often, just make sure only external is selected and MSFS traffic is off so that the built ATC is not running traffic on you.

Disable blank liveries ('Yes' / 'No') (current Yes):
Disable generic models ('Yes' / 'No') (current Yes):
Prioritise Just Flight FS Traffic models ('Yes' / 'No') (current No):

Then, you should only see FSLTL models.

Edited by G550flyer
edit
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, G550flyer said:

I think you are miss understanding

That was indeed the case. 😉 As you explained it now is indeed how it is.

Edited by tup61

4 minutes ago, G550flyer said:

Yes, seem you have set properly, but don't forget to set the MSFS UI traffic setting to off. When you load to an airport, it and the skies should be empty if you have turned it all off. Ground aircraft and traffic all off. FSHUD should only have external selected. Now, when you load FSLTL while FSHUD is already running, you should only get FSLTL models. Also, make sure you configure these items when FSLTL asks if you want to configure by answering Y.

Disable blank liveries ('Yes' / 'No') (current Yes):
Disable generic models ('Yes' / 'No') (current Yes):
Prioritise Just Flight FS Traffic models ('Yes' / 'No') (current No):

Then, you should only see FSLTL models.

Affirm, everything reegarding traffic is OFF in MSFS 2020 UI.

Will try your suggested settings in FSLTL ! Thank you !

Main Simulation Rig:

Just now, tup61 said:

That was indeed the case. 😉 As you explained it now is indeed how it is.

Perfect, I thought it was the case since I see that you are active in the beta forums😁

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

My "problem" is that I don't recall how to disable FSHUD's own traffic injection so that it doesn't conflict with the traffic injected by FSLTL ?

I think you are confused a little. 😉 It thinks it's a matter of semantics.

FSHud doesn't have traffic injection of it's own which you can somehow disable. What you mean to say is that you do not want FSHud to use default MSFS BGL's as a source but you want to use FSLTL as a source.

If you do it properly as Rick D posted FSHud will inject the traffic using FSLTL Important part is to start FSHud first and FSLTL later! Check the 'DOS-window' if it has detected FSHud!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1